How Can I Improve This Team... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How Can I Improve This Team...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How Can I Improve This Team...

Postby chillyumpop » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:02 pm

12 team 5x5 standard roto

C- B. Molina
1B- R. Howard
2B- R. Weeks
3B- R. Zimmerman
SS-J. Rollins
3 OF- N. Markakis, J Francouer, H Pence
Util- H Blaylock
SP-A Harang, J Verlander
RP- B Lyon, G Sherrill
P- J Chamberlain, J Broxton, M Cain
Bench- J Hermida, M Kemp, J Bonderman, I Snell, T Pena

Do I have too many OF's... should I get more backup position players... or am I in good shape to wait until the season starts.

Thanks
chillyumpop
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How Can I Improve This Team...

Postby walkoffblast » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:46 pm

You need to upgrade your pitching. I would try and do it by trading one of your top 3 OF guys and counting on one of kemp/hermida to put up a nice year. Pena is probably is not worth a roster spot right now. I might look for a bigger upside player at util than blalock.
walkoffblast
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: How Can I Improve This Team...

Postby MrE » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:24 pm

Your offense is very good. I'm thinking your probably going to get a little bit over 100 steals, which is decent. Your going to score a bunch of runs with Weeks and Rollins both as leadoff hitters.

The work you need to do for this team is on the pitching side. You have two below average closers. In a roto league, your probably going to need three to score major points. Look for a closer on the throughout the season. For your starters, I like the choice of Harang and Verlander who are both studs in roto. Chamberlain and Broxton should do wonders for your ratios, and when Chamberlain hits the rotation around June, he could be dominant. Bondermain, Cain, Snell are all solid strikeout pitchers with the ability to pitch deep into games. THe only thing that is on the downside to your rotation is that you lack an upper echelon talent. However, I do not think you are going to need one. I think you can pretty safely project 30 wins between Harang/Verlander. Bonderman, Snell, and Kain will probably add an additional 40-45 wins. Broxton will give you 4 wins, Chamberlain 8-9 wins. I'm not sure what the usual numbers for roto league are, but close to 90 wins should be a pretty good amount of wins. You may need to add a pitcher or two down the stretch....just keep an eye on how pitcher heavy the other teams in your league are or what your IP limit is.

Please return the favor: viewtopic.php?t=321895
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team