Brand New Team with Arod! WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Brand New Team with Arod! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brand New Team with Arod! WHIR

Postby bosoxrule43 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:03 am

10man H2H
What you guys think? I kno i need some speed but besides that what am i lookin at

C Víctor Martínez (Cle - C,1B)
1B Carlos Peña (TB - 1B)
2B Dan Uggla (Fla - 2B)
3B Álex Rodríguez (NYY - 3B)
SS Miguel Tejada (Hou - SS)
IF Ryan Braun (Mil - 3B)
OF Jermaine Dye (CWS - OF)
OF Aaron Rowand (SF - OF)
OF Josh Hamilton (Tex - OF)
Util Édgar Rentería (Det - SS)
Util Melky Cabrera (NYY - OF)
Util Frank Thomas (Tor - Util)
SP Jake Peavy (SD - SP)
SP Chris Young (SD - SP)
SP Tim Lincecum (SF - SP)
RP Jonathan Papelbon (Bos - RP)
RP José Valverde (Hou - RP)
P Brett Myers (Phi - SP,RP)
P Javier Vázquez (CWS - SP)
P Manny Corpas (Col - RP)
BN Jay Bruce (Cin - OF) NA
BN Adam Wainwright (StL - SP)
BN Bronson Arroyo (Cin - SP)
BN Hiroki Kuroda (LAD - SP)
BN Tim Wakefield (Bos - SP)
bosoxrule43
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brand New Team with Arod! WHIR

Postby ravensjohnny » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:46 am

looks like a very solid team great if and pitching both sp and rp, the only spot i see thats a little weak is the of which really isnt bad all things considered a contender for sure but if you're looking to improve i'd start there

rate mine too
viewtopic.php?t=321872
ravensjohnny
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MrE » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:19 pm

Your starting pitching and relief pitching is extremely good. You definitely made sure that your pitching corps at the start of the season has the chance to be the best in the league.

Your offensive lineup is questionable. If everything goes right for you (Tejada rebounds, Hamilton explodes in Texas, Rowand duplicates last year, Pena's average/power is for real), your going to have an amazing team. Realistically, I would break it down like this:

A) Tejada is going to have a slight resurgence, but do not expect the 150 RBIs. I would guess somewhere around 24 HR, .300 AVG, with 110 RBIs. This is higher than most predictions, but he is now moving into a loaded lineup and an even better RH power hitters park. Risk = reasonable.
B) Hamilton is going to improve on last season, but I'm not sure that I agree with the 30/100 predictions yet. He could very easily get there, but I'm still questioning his health. Risk = reasonable
C) Rowand is not going to duplicate last years numbers. I just cannot fathom him playing a full season again, and keeping a .320+ average/30 HR in the Giants ballpark. I think his numbers were inflated by the Phillies ballpark, so I would project him to hit around .285/20 HR. Risk = Medium
D) Carlos Pena could be a 1 year wonder, or he could be finally reaching his potential. The power and one base skills have always been there. The ability to hit above .250 never has. If he has truly turned the corner, this pick is going to be a spectacular one, as he outproduced even Teixiera last season. Risk = Medium-high

Ways to improve - I would look at anyone that is going to produce offensively. Braun can easily move to the OF or Utility spot on your team. If you see a good IF or OF - pick him up. I would recommend dropping Wakefield to do this as he is unnecessary on your team and clearly the weakest link. You definitely need speed....maybe look for a guy like Michael Bourn?
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bosoxrule43 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:19 pm

bosoxrule43
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team