Chase Utley lite - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chase Utley lite

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Chase Utley lite

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:08 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Yoda wrote:Wow lots of Cano man love around here. I am just not a believer.

I guess that you don't get the YES Network because this kid is the real deal. When he gets moved to the 3-hole in 2009, watch out.

I've watched him plenty so I don't need YES to shove him down my throat as to how great he is.

Good hitter but you get some fat pitches while hitting 7th and 8th in that lineup.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:50 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:When he gets moved to the 3-hole in 2009, watch out.

that's why he's the 2B to have in the keeper leagues, but for this year alone (redraft leagues) you can make an argument that kinsler should be taken before him.

one thing for sure is he will never have speed. even in the minors, he rarely stole bases.

I like Kinsler but, other than steals, where exactly is he a lock over Cano?? You could make a better case for passing over Cano to get Kinsler considerably later but I don't see any scenario where you could say that Kinsler should go before Cano in any draft.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:52 pm

Yoda wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Yoda wrote:Wow lots of Cano man love around here. I am just not a believer.

I guess that you don't get the YES Network because this kid is the real deal. When he gets moved to the 3-hole in 2009, watch out.

I've watched him plenty so I don't need YES to shove him down my throat as to how great he is.

Good hitter but you get some fat pitches while hitting 7th and 8th in that lineup.

Why is it always east coast/west coast and the media?? I am not talking about that at all. I am talking about watching him play on a daily basis. If you did that, there is no way that you cannot love the future of this kid. I don't need a Michael Kay man-crush to tell me that. My eyes do just fine in that regard.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I guess that you don't get the YES Network because this kid is the real deal. When he gets moved to the 3-hole in 2009, watch out.

Why is it always east coast/west coast and the media?? I am not talking about that at all. I am talking about watching him play on a daily basis. If you did that, there is no way that you cannot love the future of this kid. I don't need a Michael Kay man-crush to tell me that. My eyes do just fine in that regard.

Uh I'm a Yankees fan and I watch almost every game on MLB.TV. :-D

Anyway, it's not about the east coast bias. There is a good amount of homerism when watching through networks like YES or NESN or any other team dedicated network. Like I said, Cano has a very good swing and is a good contact hitter but I just don't think he is a stud in the making. He might have a power spike or two in his career but he is mostly a gap hitter IMO.

He is a lot better players in real life than fantasy.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers