Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How did I do? - WHIR

Postby hookem2003 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:45 am

12 Team, Yahoo, Typical 5x5, Roto
c-Molina 1b-Ortiz 2b-Kendrick SS-C Guillen 3b-Cabrera
OF- Granderson, C Young, Kemp Util-Hafner Bn- Thome, Beltre, J Hamilton
SP- Kazmir, F Hernandez, B Myers, Greinke, Blanton
RP- Capps, Gregg, CJ Wilson, G Sherill

I took Beltre and Thome b/c they slid to the 12th and 13th rounds. I think they are both better than that. Do you think it would be safe to trade Hafner and slide Thome in the utility spot? I like my top 3 SP and figure to fill out the rest of those spots throughout the year. RP is a little shaky, but I'm glad that I got 4 apparent closers and didn't have to overpay. All were mid to late teen picks.

How did I do?
hookem2003
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How did I do? - WHIR

Postby MrE » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:43 am

I think you did quite well. I love your offense. Kendrick is your weakest link, and if he hits like he is capable of, he could put up a huge .330ish BA. Your starting staff has 3 good arms, a risk, and a consistent player. Your probably going to have to add an additional starter, as I do not think you have enough wins/ks here (despite a good start) to win in those categories. You made a good effort at acquiring closer depth....your going to need 3 closers to get into the top 5, so you should be able to afford to move one of Wilson or Sherill at the appropriate time.

I would look to add 1 or 2 more starters. You could potentially dangle Thome for an upper tier starter if need be.

Help me: viewtopic.php?t=321895
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hscsoph » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:53 pm

Man I love your lineup as well, but your success lies so much on guys who tend to get hurt staying healthy (Ortiz, Kendrick, Hamilton, Hernandez)...other than that if your guys play up to their potential, you will be sitting pretty. Good tram for a 12 team league, thanks for your help on my team! To be honest I would not touch Hafner, he is going to have amonster year with the development of Cabrera and Garko plus Sizemore will be on base plenty!!!
Montero MigCab Beckham Andrus Sandoval Lind J Upton Ellsbury Braun Markakis Willingham B Roberts B Anderson Ubaldo "no hit" Jimenez Nolasco F Cordero Rodney Morales Baker Matusz Lilly Marcum Scherzer Romero Porcello
hscsoph
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JoshDJays » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:44 am

Your hitting is amazing. I would try to flip one of your bats for a good arm or two. If not that be sure to monitor pitchers early in the season and pick someone up who is breaking out.
JoshDJays Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team