10 team roto league draft + trade WHIR!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

10 team roto league draft + trade WHIR!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

10 team roto league draft + trade WHIR!!!

Postby Xezus » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:10 am

10 team roto league (5x5)

Initial Draft:
C-Posada
1b-Berkman
2b-cano
3b-M-cab
ss-S. Drew
IF-polanco
OF-Soriano
OF-Rios
OF-C. Young
OF-Pierre
UTil-Dye (for now)
UTIL- Griffey JR. (for now)
Bench- Laroache, cameron, wiggington

SP- Lackey, Kazmir, Lincecum
RP-Corpas, Soriano, Soria
P-Shields, Gorzy, arroyo
BN-Garza, Pena

Now i made a trade already so rate this trade. I gave up pierre, corpas, and c. young for Tulo, Cuddyer, and WIllingham.
Good or bad move on my part?

now i have a lack of steals and am trying to get victorino or byrnes to help me out.
I would also like to find a cheaper 1st basemen such as swisher or loney to throw in at 3rd and move berkman to OF.
any ideas?

any trade ideas are appreciated, my 2 weak points as i can tell are closers and steals, so anyone u have in mind would be much appreciated.

Leave a link
Xezus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10 team roto league draft + trade WHIR!!!

Postby ayebatter » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:43 am

Love Tulo, love C.Young more. :-X
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1360)

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:45 am

Beginning with the trade, really tough to judge, I could go either way. I can see how its good because you badly needed an upgrade at SS but you gave up a closer which you have a limited number of and your two big steals guys. Bit risky Id say.

However with the trade you have nice depth in OF, Dye is a really nice late pick, he had a sub par year which I wouldn't expect again. If you look at his post break all star stats he hit .298 which is more of what I expected from him last year.

If I were you I would drop Cameron and add another RP if you can find one (maybe Brian Wilson of SF or Percival of TB if available or if BJ Ryan is in FA add him and put him on DL for later on :-? ), or even a SP because Shields and Gorzy are sophomore slump candidates or at least Im not too high on them. Also keep an eye on Arroyo because when Dusty manages he tends to leaves pitchers in long to the point where they get shelled. I think Arroyo should bounce back this year though.

Overall I might not have made that trade because you had some good balance with your hitting before the deal, although I'm not too familiar with deep leagues.

I might somehow if I were you trade Berkman for 2 players one being a steals type of guy and a first basemen like Swish/Loney/Garko, preferably Swish since he can match Berkmans HR output. You could even throw in one of your backups as an extra piece in hopes to adding a third mediocre closer to the deal.

Hope this helps ;-D
Chicago 2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MrE » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:31 am

Ugh....I would not have made that trade. Pierre is like an anvil around your neck, but he is also capable of 50 steals. Young is capable of going 30/30. You basically purchased the upgrade of a SS that might hight 10 more homers than Drew, with comparable speed, for 80 steals, 30 HR, and 35-40 saves. Not a good idea in a roto league IMO. Willingham is junk, and it remains to be seen if Cuddyer is worth getting a starting spot in a fantasy outfield.

Aside from that, I think your starting staff is good. You had a decent bullpen until this trade....Now you are going to have to find another closer if you want to be in the top 5 in the saves department. You are also going to be quite weak in the steal department after dealing roughly 80 roto steals. Keep an eye on cheap guys like Michael Bourn, and you may be able to salvage that category. Your HR, R, Avg categories should all be fine.

End result: Your going to have to work on Svs and Steals big time. In a 10 team league, you can find those guys early on, so keep your eyes open.

Help me: viewtopic.php?t=321895
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team