RP Brad Lidge (Phi - RP)
P Matt Capps (Pit - RP)
P Eric Gagne (Mil - RP)
P Joaquín Benoit (Tex - RP)
BN Dustin McGowan (Tor - SP)
BN Zack Greinke (KC - SP,RP)
BN Randy Johnson (Ari - SP)
BN Jon Lester (Bos - SP)

How'd I do? I'd like to have 1 more reliable SP, but they were flying off the board earlier than I was willing to grab them.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: First 2008 draft

Postby Murphs13 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:32 pm

I think you did really well. Your offense looks great. Interesting idea to put Atkins at 1st, I think he's more valuable at 3rd put it looks like you have Wright there so I guess that's ok. What round did you get Atkins?

It does appear that you could use a little work in your pitching. Lackey is your only certified ace. All others are potential aces with Cain and Billingsly. What you could do if neccessary is trade Atkins or something to get another quality pitcher. Then you could put Gonzalez at 1st. Just something to think about.
Murphs13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jake_harv88 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:18 pm

looks pretty good to me too. You probably have an abundance of steals, it might be worth it to move furcal for a SP at some point. He'll probably contribute the least to your power categories.

I like most of your pitching staff. I'm not a big fan of randy johnson this year. I doubt he stays healthy. If you could move some steals for a pitcher I think you would be in great shape ;-D
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Field » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:32 pm

Murphs13 wrote:I think you did really well. Your offense looks great. Interesting idea to put Atkins at 1st, I think he's more valuable at 3rd put it looks like you have Wright there so I guess that's ok. What round did you get Atkins?

It does appear that you could use a little work in your pitching. Lackey is your only certified ace. All others are potential aces with Cain and Billingsly. What you could do if neccessary is trade Atkins or something to get another quality pitcher. Then you could put Gonzalez at 1st. Just something to think about.

I grabbed Atkins in the 5th. The value was too good to pass up and I figured I could start him at UTL or 1B if I wasn't able to get a good one later luckily A-Gon was still around though. I'm considering offering Atkins for Kazmir since I'm high on him for this year. I wish I was able to grab one more power bat, a guy who could net me 40 HRs, but a never really had an opportunity to grab one.

I probably do have an abundance of steals, I guess I'm just so use to playing Roto instead of H2H.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby jake_harv88 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:31 pm

Field wrote:
Murphs13 wrote:I think you did really well. Your offense looks great. Interesting idea to put Atkins at 1st, I think he's more valuable at 3rd put it looks like you have Wright there so I guess that's ok. What round did you get Atkins?

I grabbed Atkins in the 5th. The value was too good to pass up and I figured I could start him at UTL or 1B if I wasn't able to get a good one later luckily A-Gon was still around though. I'm considering offering Atkins for Kazmir since I'm high on him for this year. I wish I was able to grab one more power bat, a guy who could net me 40 HRs, but a never really had an opportunity to grab one.

I probably do have an abundance of steals, I guess I'm just so use to playing Roto instead of H2H.

How many "aces" should a team have? Personally I look for one true ace and then build around him with some mid round picks with decent k/9 ratios. To have Lackey, Cain, and Billingsley is a fantastic core for a pitching staff ;-D
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby russellcv » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:29 am

i like weeks this year. he is a steal in drafts. look for big numbers all around and alot of steals as well!
russellcv
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Murphs13 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:13 am

jake_harv88 wrote:
Field wrote:

How many "aces" should a team have? Personally I look for one true ace and then build around him with some mid round picks with decent k/9 ratios. To have Lackey, Cain, and Billingsley is a fantastic core for a pitching staff ;-D

My point is that Cain and Billingsley haven't proven themselves to be ace material yet. They most likey will become ace material in the future but for this year I wouldn't bank on Cain and Billingsley being your # 2 and 3 starter. Especially with the weak offense that the Giants have don't expect Cain to have fantastic numbers. Billingsley I can see being real good this year but I would rather see what he does over a full season of being in the rotation before I call him an "ace"
Murphs13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team