100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NBA Allstar Weekend

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: NBA Allstar Weekend

Postby thedude » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:19 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:Looking at the score of the game, I think it's pretty clear the East is far superior to the West. Detroit, Boston or Toronto would run all over any team from the West in the NBA Finals.

i hope this was sarcasm...

Did you notice how I included Toronto in there? :-b

Boston and Detroit could win the finals. Everyone else in the conference is a joke.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:21 pm

thedude wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i hope this was sarcasm...

Did you notice how I included Toronto in there? :-b

Boston and Detroit could win the finals. Everyone else in the conference is a joke.

I still don't see Boston making the finals. They haven't been very impressive for a pretty long time now, even when KG was still in the lineup. Detroit, Cleveland (LeBron in particular can pretty much win any game he wants anytime), and Toronto can beat them.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:42 pm

mweir145 wrote:I still don't see Boston making the finals. They haven't been very impressive for a pretty long time now, even when KG was still in the lineup. Detroit, Cleveland (LeBron in particular can pretty much win any game he wants anytime), and Toronto can beat them.

What does them not being very impressive even mean? They've won 7 of their last 8, without KG, including wins vs. Dallas and San Antonio. All the games they've lost to Detroit, Cleveland, and Toronto came down to the very end and could have easily gone either way. Of course Detroit, Cleveland, and Toronto can beat them. No team is unbeatable, but in a 7 game series, I'm putting my money on Boston.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thedude » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:01 pm

mweir145 wrote:

I still don't see Boston making the finals. They haven't been very impressive for a pretty long time now, even when KG was still in the lineup. Detroit, Cleveland (LeBron in particular can pretty much win any game he wants anytime), and Toronto can beat them.

Of course Boston isn't a lock for the finals, and could lose early in the playoffs, just like the Mavs lost to Golden State last year. But the Celtics are a very good basketball team. They are undefeated against the West, while no other East team (besides the Pistons) would even make the Playoffs in west.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby mweir145 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:06 pm

They are playing less impressive basketball in the fact that they are continually playing competitive games agaisnt some very poor teams, something they weren't really doing earlier in the season, and their margin of victory has dropped considerably since the beginning of the year. I still think they are one of the best teams in the league, but in the playoffs, I'll put my money on Detroit coming out of the East.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby tuff_gong » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:39 am

The Mavs should be pretty dirty now that they have Kidd. For once, I am really looking forward to the NBA playoffs.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk