100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NBA Allstar Weekend

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: NBA Allstar Weekend

Postby thedude » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:02 pm

Old_Style wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:uote]

i thought it was obvious that ray allen was going to win the mvp. i was shocked to see lebron win it actually.

I'm guessing the fans had a hand in the MVP voting?
If that's the case, LeBron James will win it every year.

Yes they voted all fourth quarter for him. By the time it was obvious Allen was MVP, Lebron James had already accumulated an insurmountable lead. If the fans must vote, they shouldn't be able to vote until the game is over. Lebron had a great game, but fans shouldn't be able to vote.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:49 pm

mweir145 wrote:Among point guards in the NBA, Calderon is ranked:

1st for FG% (.545)
1st for for 2 pt FG% (.570)
1st for 3 pt FG% (.472)
1st in FT% (.923)
1st in Assist/Turnover ratio (5.11)
5th in assists per game
4th in assists per 48 minutes
His FT percentage is second overall for all positions
His FG percentage is 13th in the league, for all positions
He's 15th in PER, ahead of guards like Steve Nash, Dwayne Wade, Baron Davis, and Deron Williams.
His PPR and Assist ratio is also the best in the league: http://www.knickerblogger.net/stats/2008/jh_ALL_AST.htm
And without Jose, Toronto certainly wouldn't be over .500.

There's no doubt in my mind that he should have been an All-Star, and there really shouldn't be much doubt in anybody else's mind either.

half the stats you named are repeated stats. FG % and 2 pt fg %? not saying calderon hasnt been playing out of his mind, but good percentages and ast:to ratio never won anyone all-star game appearances, even though they should at times.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:25 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Among point guards in the NBA, Calderon is ranked:

1st for FG% (.545)
1st for for 2 pt FG% (.570)
1st for 3 pt FG% (.472)
1st in FT% (.923)
1st in Assist/Turnover ratio (5.11)
5th in assists per game
4th in assists per 48 minutes
His FT percentage is second overall for all positions
His FG percentage is 13th in the league, for all positions
He's 15th in PER, ahead of guards like Steve Nash, Dwayne Wade, Baron Davis, and Deron Williams.
His PPR and Assist ratio is also the best in the league: http://www.knickerblogger.net/stats/2008/jh_ALL_AST.htm
And without Jose, Toronto certainly wouldn't be over .500.

There's no doubt in my mind that he should have been an All-Star, and there really shouldn't be much doubt in anybody else's mind either.

half the stats you named are repeated stats. FG % and 2 pt fg %? not saying calderon hasnt been playing out of his mind, but good percentages and ast:to ratio never won anyone all-star game appearances, even though they should at times.

There is nothing repeated there (FG% and 2PT FG% are 2 different statistics, what is your problem there?). Some stats are put into different contexts, but I didn't write the same thing down twice.

And I think everyone knows what gets All-Star appearances...it's hype and long-term success. That's why Calderon and Turkoglu didn't make it this year.

And please, the guy is #15 in the league in PER, and having one of the best shooting seasons in the history of the NBA. Statistically, he deserves to be there, there is no argument to be had on that point.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:43 am

im not saying i disagree with you...what i meant with your posting of his stats was that they were all reiterating the same thing...low turnovers and good shooting.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:55 am

Snakes Gould wrote:im not saying i disagree with you...what i meant with your posting of his stats was that they were all reiterating the same thing...low turnovers and good shooting.

Only one of the stats has to do with low turnovers. I included a lot of the good shooting in different categories because it's absolutely insane what he's doing right now.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:47 am

Looking at the score of the game, I think it's pretty clear the East is far superior to the West. Detroit, Boston or Toronto would run all over any team from the West in the NBA Finals.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:08 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:Looking at the score of the game, I think it's pretty clear the East is far superior to the West. Detroit, Boston or Toronto would run all over any team from the West in the NBA Finals.

i hope this was sarcasm...

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:23 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:Looking at the score of the game, I think it's pretty clear the East is far superior to the West. Detroit, Boston or Toronto would run all over any team from the West in the NBA Finals.

i hope this was sarcasm...

Did you notice how I included Toronto in there? :-b
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:30 am

thats what made me believe you must be joking. :-D

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby smoovethug » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:30 am

Don't forget about the Sixers!

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk