NBA Allstar Weekend - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NBA Allstar Weekend

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: NBA Allstar Weekend

Postby smoovethug » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:04 am

The performance Howard put on was incredible. All of his dunks were great. I liked his first dunk in the final round the best. Where he tapped it off the backboard with his left, caught and slammed with his right, and made it look so simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jXs7Jb0yB8

As for tonight, Ray Allen should have won MVP. When he got hot he took the momentum from the West. Lebron put up a monster line but Ray Allen's 3-point shooting in the 4th won the game for them.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:03 am

smoovethug wrote:The performance Howard put on was incredible. All of his dunks were great. I liked his first dunk in the final round the best. Where he tapped it off the backboard with his left, caught and slammed with his right, and made it look so simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jXs7Jb0yB8

As for tonight, Ray Allen should have won MVP. When he got hot he took the momentum from the West. Lebron put up a monster line but Ray Allen's 3-point shooting in the 4th won the game for them.

i thought it was obvious that ray allen was going to win the mvp. i was shocked to see lebron win it actually.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Old_Style » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:13 am

Snakes Gould wrote:uote]

i thought it was obvious that ray allen was going to win the mvp. i was shocked to see lebron win it actually.

I'm guessing the fans had a hand in the MVP voting?
If that's the case, LeBron James will win it every year.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:51 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:yea that howard's dunk was funny as hell when the replay showed he didn't even dunk the ball but just threw it in there. that was hilarious.

That's more impressive than dunking it
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby smoovethug » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:39 am

Old_Style wrote:I'm guessing the fans had a hand in the MVP voting?

I wish fans weren't allowed to vote for anything anymore. CP3, arguably the 1st half MVP, should have started over AI, especially in his hometown, and Yao Ming is probably going to start in every allstar game until he dies.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby sportsguy138 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:59 pm

Kapono. B-) ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby bigken117 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:15 pm

smoovethug wrote:
Old_Style wrote:I'm guessing the fans had a hand in the MVP voting?

I wish fans weren't allowed to vote for anything anymore. CP3, arguably the 1st half MVP, should have started over AI, especially in his hometown, and Yao Ming is probably going to start in every allstar game until he dies.

Agree. And I don't think Wade had any business being there this season over someone like Calderon.

And Allen should have won MVP - he single handedly stole momentum back from the West. I had a feeling he would have a monster game feeling like he had to prove himself for being selected over guys like...Calderon.

Gerald Green should have gotten a 50 for the cupcake dunk. Howard's a beast, he should have stuck that little nerf hoop to 12' and dunked that and the real ball. That would have been off the chains.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:29 pm

I think Hedo Turkoglu was the guy who got robbed, not Calderon. He has hit tons of game winners for Orlando and his drastically improved all around game is a major reason why they have the third best record. Ray should have been there already over Joe Johnson and Hedo should have replaced Butler.

Lebron's dunk at the end was pretty ferocious.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby thedude » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:07 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:yea that howard's dunk was funny as hell when the replay showed he didn't even dunk the ball but just threw it in there. that was hilarious.

Yeah Howard had the greatest layup i have ever seen. But that was probably his worst dunk. Howards mid air tap and and behind the back board dunk were amazing, so were Green's cupcake dunk and shoe less dunk.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mweir145 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Among point guards in the NBA, Calderon is ranked:

1st for FG% (.545)
1st for for 2 pt FG% (.570)
1st for 3 pt FG% (.472)
1st in FT% (.923)
1st in Assist/Turnover ratio (5.11)
5th in assists per game
4th in assists per 48 minutes
His FT percentage is second overall for all positions
His FG percentage is 13th in the league, for all positions
He's 15th in PER, ahead of guards like Steve Nash, Dwayne Wade, Baron Davis, and Deron Williams.
His PPR and Assist ratio is also the best in the league: http://www.knickerblogger.net/stats/2008/jh_ALL_AST.htm
And without Jose, Toronto certainly wouldn't be over .500.

There's no doubt in my mind that he should have been an All-Star, and there really shouldn't be much doubt in anybody else's mind either.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk