SICK team needs help...will post back - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

SICK team needs help...will post back

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

SICK team needs help...will post back

Postby Woot2387 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:45 pm

hey fellas, heres my team (cbs H2H 10-team):

C: Victor Martinez
1B: Adrian Gonzalez
2B: Robinson Cano
3B: Ryan Braun
SS: Jose Reyes
OF1: Matt Holliday
OF2: Alex Rios
OF3: Curtis Granderson
U: Aramas Ramierez 3B

Bench: victorino, ellsbury, varitek, bonds(HAH!)

P: Chris Young, J. Vasquez, James shields, b. lidge, matt cain, joba, kelvim escobar, mcgowan, arroyo

funny thing is, i actually missed this draft, so the entire team was auto-drafted. my lineup looks sick, but the bullpen needs work. a lot of guys in the league are in need of 3B, so i figured i would shop around Braun and Ramierez and get the best value. i could just as easily trade away granderson or rios and plug in victorino, so who do you think i should be trading? and, what kind of value should i be getting for them? Bedard and CC were taken 2 picks after braun (who i see as risky), would that be equal value?

post here and i'll be sure to check out any other team......
Woot2387
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: SICK team needs help...will post back

Postby MrE » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:58 pm

Both Braun deals are horrible (for you). Braun is being drafted as a top 20 player this year. Sabathia and Bedard are not top 20 players. Bedard has very serious issues with getting injured as well. He is great when healthy, but both of the past two seasons he has been injured down the stretch.....avoid him since it is not a roto league.

Your pitching staff is pretty good. You could use a stud like Webb, but it is not a necessity. In a 10 team league, there should be ample players on the waiver wwire. Get rid of Varitek and Bonds. Add two RP with chances to close. George Sherril is an idea. Marmol/Wood/Howry could be another. Brandon Lyon/Tony Pena have an intriguing situation. I would recommend heading over to the baseball leftovers forum and checking out the closer situations for all 30 teams. There are bound to be some available players to help your RP pitching situation with out wasting significant offensive players in a trade. I would NEVER trade signficant pieces on the offensive side of the ball for relief pitchers until I am at the deadline and have seen if I could pick up a few RP on my own. In a 10 team league and with the high volitility of RP, you should easily find 2 RP that will get saves. Jeremy Accardo could be a sleeper, so keep an eye on BJ Ryans health.

If I had to tell you to make a trade, I would say look to make a 2 for 1 with your pitching for a stud SP. See if a Vazquez/Joba offer could land you a guy like Webb. I would not recommend dealing Aramis Ramirez. I would not recommend dealing Ryan Braun (who has or will have OF eligibility in 10 games.....). You could potentially upgrade 1b, but Adrian Gonzalez will be a consistent force there.

As I said, drop Varitek and Bonds. They are useless. Pick up two pitchers or a pitcher and a hitter, and then reevaluate. I'm guessing you will see that after making those moves, you really have very little tweaking that you need to do. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT MESS WITH THAT OFFENSE!!!! You have an offense that is potentially top 3 in all categories. Do not mess with that....it is what will win you the championship.

Please return the favor:

viewtopic.php?t=321895
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GDormz » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:29 pm

Agreed, dont mess with the offense.. Could def use another solid starter but not necessarily an ace!

Sick lineup:

help me:
viewtopic.php?t=321967
Thanks, Will Help in Return

BoSox Baby!
GDormz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby haggis » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:26 am

Pretty nice for an auto-pick draft. But isn't Escobar on the DL? Burn a DL slot with him I guess and pick up a pitcher, otherwise I'd dump him. Same goes for Bonds, that's a wasted slot. I never really carry backup C on my team and tend to just use the FA list if my guy misses a few games, so I'd maybe drop Tek or package him with a 3B for an arm if you can. Victorino and Ellsbury are 2 similar players with 1 or both seeing significant time on your bench (can you do daily changes?) and I reckon you could include one of them into a deal if it solidified an ace.
haggis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby walkoffblast » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:56 pm

Just deal Joba and your choice of ellsbury or victorino for the best starter you can find.
walkoffblast
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team