Plz Rate team - Will Rate back - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Plz Rate team - Will Rate back

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Plz Rate team - Will Rate back

Postby espn10 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:44 pm

5X5 12 team league

C - Bengie Molina
1b - Justin Morneau
2B - Jeff Kent
3b - Akinori Iwaurama
SS - Jimmy Rollins
OF - BJ Upton, Matt Holliday, Grady Sizemore
Util - Hunter Pence

Bench - Maicer Izturis, Joey Voto, Rick Ankiel, Mike Jacobs, Lasting Millidge

SP - Fausto Carmona
SP - Kelviem Escobar
RP - Joe Borrowski
RP - Jerremy Accardo

P - Chin Ming Wang, Joe Blanton, Ian Snell

Bench - Jonathan Bronxton and Frankie Morales
espn10
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Plz Rate team - Will Rate back

Postby MrE » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:15 pm

After reading, please return the favor: viewtopic.php?t=321895

Molina should be a good catcher this year because it looks like he is batting cleanup. Your 2b situation is awesome with Upton able to hop in. Morneau is a solid first baseman, and Rollins is gold at short. Iwamura at third is going to be quite painful. Keep on eye on guys like Hank Blalock, Edwin Encarnacion, and Scott Rolen......they all should be much better (and Rolen, if healthy, can be a top 75 player). If any of those three are available, I would immediately drop Iwamura for them. Your OF situation is amazing. On the bench - Izturis....Why? Do you need him? There has to be a better player out there. Millidge is one of those risk/reward players, but if he is sucking early on, I wouldn't feel bad about dropping him. There are a lot of guys I would rather have than Jacobs as well.

Moving on to pitching: Your going to get a ton of wins out of that staff. However, your peripherals are going to be about middle of the pack. Saves also appear to be a major problem. I wouldn't feel bad about looking to grab a guy like George Sherrill, CJ Wilson/Joaquin Benoit, Brandon Lyon/Tony Pena, Kerry Wood/Carlos Marmol/Bob Howry (guys that have chances at closing and are under the radar) for one of your duds on the bench (Izturis, Jacobs). Broxton is going to up your peripherals, and Morales will get a lot of Ks, but you may have to wait until a few months before he hits the rotation.

Summary:

1) Drop Iwamura for a better 3b. Edwin Encarnacion, Hank Blalock, Scott Rolen are cheap waiver guys that come to mind. EE actually has a very very good chance of having a breakout year.....

2) Add some RP and SP depth - you can do this by getting rid of waiver wire material bench players such as Izturis and Mike Jacobs. You need to add a reliever that has a chance of closing, and a starter that is going to get some strikeouts. If you had a list of available guys, I would point a few out to you. As it stands, I recommend heading over to the baseball leftovers forum and checking out the closers thread. It provides an excellent analysis of the closing situation for each team.

3) Be vigilant in your search for SP depth. As I mentioned, you have a good staff, but the peripherals (WHIP, K) are going to be middle of the pack. Guys are going to emerge this year with strong K and WHIP numbers....Look for guys to bounce back (Scott Olsen, Barry Zito), get healthy (Schmidt, Harden, Carpenter, Mulder, Patterson) or complete what they started last year (Shawn Hill could be huge this year).
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GDormz » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:37 pm

Your offense is bomb! I am very impressed with your OF.

3B could be a struggle for you. I would look to make a move to get a better 3B.

Also, no real big names in SP. Just a hope on Carmona, which COULD payoff but could blowup too.

Please Help me:
viewtopic.php?t=321967
Thanks, Will Help in Return

BoSox Baby!
GDormz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kaveman » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:50 pm

Very nice looking team. Iwamura is the only weak player in the offense. There might be a better 3B on the wire... maybe Kouzmanoff.
Starting pitching is decent. Your relievers aren't very good. You should pick up Betancourt or Kobayashi if they're available, and just keep looking for relievers throughout the season.
kaveman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team