My dynasty league team... any thoughts???? WHIR!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My dynasty league team... any thoughts???? WHIR!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My dynasty league team... any thoughts???? WHIR!!!!

Postby mpoland92 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:19 pm

this is my dynasty league team, could you critique it and tell me what ya think!!!!!

C- Towles
1B- Teix
2B- Utley
3B- Atkins
SS- Rollins
LF- Holliday
CF- Soriano
RF- Maggs
UT- Hafner
UT- Dunn
BN- Swisher
BN- Furcal
BN- Pedroia

SP- Harang
SP- Webb
SP- Smoltz
RP- Nathan
RP- Wagner
RP- Shields
P- Rauch
P- McGowan
P- Burnett
BN- Big Unit
BN- Carpenter
BN- Schmidt
BN- Garland
BN- Glavine

it is a 10 team, h2h league... standard 5x5 plus holds and tb's.... thanks for the help and leave alink I will help ya in return!!!

What I post is my OPINION, I have never said I was a expert, you asked for help, I gave you my help.
mpoland92
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My dynasty league team... any thoughts???? WHIR!!!!

Postby MrE » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:36 pm

I'm not really sure what to say. 7 top 25 players overall (all on offense), and those are supplemented by powerhouses like Atkins, Dunn, Swisher, and Furcal. The only potential weak spot on offense is at catcher. Keep an eye on Towles and see if he starts....otherwise you will need to replace him.

On pitching: 2 of the top 5 closers, 2 of the top 5 holders, and 3 top 15 pitchers with enormous depth. Great pickup on Carpenter in a dynasty league. I am not a big fan of the Glavine/Schmidt/Johnson picks, but Glavine and Johnson should be okay starters throughout the year....Schmidt could be a total flameout at this point, but he is worth a gamble. Garland should pitch well, and McGowan and Burnett really provide solid anchors to your big three.

Upgrade your pitching as needed - Glavine/Big Unit/Schmidt do not have long for this league....if they look down, grab a youngster with upside that is pitching. Otherwise sit back, relax, and laugh to the championship game. You really have no reason to expect to lose (IMO).

Help me:

viewtopic.php?t=321895
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mpoland92 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:59 pm

anyone else have any thoughts??? I can help ya back....

What I post is my OPINION, I have never said I was a expert, you asked for help, I gave you my help.
mpoland92
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Xezus » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:20 am

wow talk about set for LIFE!!!! u hands down have to have the best offense in the league with all those sluggers. I think u could get some more younger up and coming pitchers to plan for the future and increase the productivity of ur staff ;-D

help?
viewtopic.php?t=322067
Xezus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby jimpage » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:48 pm

i think its pretty clear you should trade a power hitter, maybe two, and get good young pitchers...you have 4 or 5 pitchers that could very possibly be retired in a year or two(smoltz, wags, unit, schmidt, glavine)...ok maybe wagner has 3 years left...magglio is probably the first guy id look to trade, simply given his age, and swisher is a good replacement...you might see if you can get anything of value for shields too, as he's a "big name" as far setup guys go and you can always find a decent replacement(marmol, broxton, betancourt last year)...plus you can use the rumors of krod leaving next year and say shields is closer in waiting...this would be a great time to try and buy low on gallardo, hopefully his owner is overreacting to this surgery
jimpage
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby yanksfan81 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:55 pm

Wow! I'm truly impressed. I can only echo the similar thoughts earlier about moving a big bat for some young arms. It's a great dynasty team, truly an offensive juggernaut.
yanksfan81
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jonance » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:32 am

Is this a children's league? Are you beating up on 4 year olds? Truly, i can't see how you got such a stacked team but congrats! ;-D
jonance
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: 34)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team