Looking for keeper/dynasty with minor leaguers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking for keeper/dynasty with minor leaguers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for keeper/dynasty with minor leaguers

Postby BigHurt » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:42 am

I'm looking for a slightly more involved league than the standard yahoo league where half the owners lose interest in July. I like the idea of a dynasty league where you keep minor leaguers from year to year.
True suffering White Sox fan since 1983. Four-year fantasy baseball junkie.
BigHurt
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

FantasySportsSite.com

Postby Commissioner » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:38 am

You should definately check out http://www.fantasysportssite.com. Our league was designed for people like you. Some of our features are Live Draft, Live Scoring, 10 Player Minor League Farm System, Salary Cap, Customizable Team Pages, and More....This is a keeper/dynasty league. The salary cap is the only thing that will determine the number of players (if any) that you will have to drop each season. I think that you will find that this is the best value per dollar online. We understand that you don't have to be able to afford a "High Stakes" league to be a serious player. On the other hand, free leagues are usually inactive and too easy to win. Thank you for your time.

Commissioner, http://www.FantasySportsSite.com
Commissioner

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby BigHurt » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:41 am

If you get your server up I'll look into joining. I don't necessarily like the salary cap function (if MLB doesn't have one. . .) but everything else looks good.
BigHurt
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby tfb_00 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:18 pm

Bug Hurt,

I'm looking for a few folks - we have 9 currently in a NL only league like you describe - would like to get to 11, 12 would be best. Email me or post a reply if you are interested in more info - can send you the constitution of the league.

Tim
tfb_00
T-Ball Trainer

owners wanted

Postby big999dog » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:15 pm

Checkout http://www.fantasysportsguys.com. We offer Keeper and 1 yr leagues. Cost is $150 per team per year. Site will be on CBS. Great Prizes.

Commish
Commish
Fantasy Sports Guys
big999dog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BigHurt » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:30 pm

I'm looking for a more budget-conscious league. $50 is the most that I'd pay and it would have to be a heckuva interesting league.
BigHurt
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Commissioner » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:24 pm

BigHurt,
Our server is up. It was down for two days because the people we use were physically moving all of their equipment. When we set up this league, we definately considered the fact that MLB doesn't use a salary cap. The thing is, going into a MLB season there are a few teams that have zero chance of winning it all. In order to keep fantasy players involved year-to-year, we felt like we needed to do something to help the bad teams become respectable again. We set the salary cap limit high enough to allow the better fantasy players to have the better teams, which is only right. It will be a factor, but not THE factor. That's our take on that. Anyway, we're up and running now if you're interested. 16 team league has 8 openings.

Commissioner, http://www.FantasySportsSite.com
Commissioner

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Classifieds