Pujols Contemplating TJ Surgery? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pujols Contemplating TJ Surgery?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Pujols Contemplating TJ Surgery?

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:02 pm

Part of me thinks that this is just a smokescreen. There have been plantar fascitis rumors around Big Al in the preseason for several years and they have not come to anything, other than something to razz the Cards' fans in our league about.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Field » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:11 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:Part of me thinks that this is just a smokescreen. There have been plantar fascitis rumors around Big Al in the preseason for several years and they have not come to anything, other than something to razz the Cards' fans in our league about.

A smoke-screen? What purpose would that serve?

I think Pujols has to be bumped down to the second round selection now.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:39 pm

Oh yeah, he's off my list. I'm pretty sure that there have been Pujols injury rumors preseason the last couple of years is all that I'm saying.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Fade2White12 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:55 pm

From Pujols himself:

"I'm not even thinking about it. I'm going to do what I have to to get ready. If it does come to a point where I do treatment, I do treatment. Right now the way it feels I don't need to talk about any treatment. It feels good."
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:22 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:From Pujols himself:

"I'm not even thinking about it. I'm going to do what I have to to get ready. If it does come to a point where I do treatment, I do treatment. Right now the way it feels I don't need to talk about any treatment. It feels good."

Thank you Albert. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:42 pm

i'm just scared of what i'll do if i run into the situation of having pujols available at the end of first round or even early second round. i'll likely draft him there.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:02 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:i'm just scared of what i'll do if i run into the situation of having pujols available at the end of first round or even early second round. i'll likely draft him there.

I find this so funny...but so true. I really feel like Pujols' value will keep falling because it's going to be a situation where no one wants to draft him. So 2nd pick overall becomes 5th, which becomes 10th, which becomes 15...which becomes a great value that will either make or break a season.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby TB28 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:25 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:My team is primed to win it now in my keeper, I don't know whether to try and trade him at 75 cent on the dollar now, or just keep my fingers crossed and put him on the DL for the year if need be... :-[

In a keeper, I'd advise hanging on to him. He might be fine this year, and for the future, it's definitley worth it.

I am already franchising him in my keeper. Am I concerned? Yes a bit but since I haven't had my draft yet I am still tweaking plans etc. Probably means I will just go crazy with hitters early on in the draft. I have Pujols and Rollins, maybe get 2 real great OF bats and see if there's a top notch 1B left after that. It's fantasy baseball not life and death and it makes things more interesting and rewarding in the end if you can draft a team that can overcome something like that.
TB28
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers