Top SP sleepers coming into 2008... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top SP sleepers coming into 2008...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Top SP sleepers coming into 2008...

Postby J.C.Fighter » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:51 pm

Patterson has freaking burned me the last 2 seasons. But I'll most likely draft him again this season... %-6 %-6 %-6
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:59 pm

moochman wrote:He had great stuff and need only stay healthy to be a total steal late in the draft. Now if he can only stay healthy..

I'd be so freaking rich if I got a dollar every time I heard this about a pitcher.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby High Heater » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:56 pm

Yoda wrote:
moochman wrote:He had great stuff and need only stay healthy to be a total steal late in the draft. Now if he can only stay healthy..

I'd be so freaking rich if I got a dollar every time I heard this about a pitcher.

seems like theres a lot of "if's" this year i hear the same stuff with Harden, Hamels, Bonderman, Prior.... i mean list goes on. everyone hinges a hope and 95% it gets burned again.

i was one of those types till i couldnt stand it anymore. you learn over the years to factor in injuries in fantasy baseball when you played for a long time. i hate getting burned by a pitcher i know has injury problems.

some bodies just are not ment for the wear and tear/torque your body goes through throwing a pitch.
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Ender » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:28 pm

High Heater wrote:
Yoda wrote:

seems like theres a lot of "if's" this year i hear the same stuff with Harden, Hamels, Bonderman, Prior.... i mean list goes on. everyone hinges a hope and 95% it gets burned again.

i was one of those types till i couldnt stand it anymore. you learn over the years to factor in injuries in fantasy baseball when you played for a long time. i hate getting burned by a pitcher i know has injury problems.

some bodies just are not ment for the wear and tear/torque your body goes through throwing a pitch.

You should expect all of them to have injuries. That is why auctions spend so little on pitching and why it falls so far in drafts.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby moochman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:33 pm

Yoda wrote:

No question. But Patterson has no name brand recognition and will very likely go undrafted in many leagues. He has the stuff to merit a last round gamble. Long after the Carpenters, Priors, and Hardens will be taken.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:54 am

AussieDodger wrote:
ukjohn wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Some deep ones.

Dallas Braden is hugely under-rated, he has a 10.32 K/9 in the minors and a 1.17 WHIP. He might surprise everyone.

Dallas Braden under-rated?

1-8 record, 72 Innings, 55 k's, 91 h's, 26 bb's, 6.74 era, 1.623 whip

:-?

Yes

No

VERY questionable stuff and pitches with trickery more than anything. lefty rp type
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kab21 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:20 pm

Yoda wrote:

This is very true. But I would rather spend my last couple picks on high upside/high risk guys than a player whose equivalent can easily be found on the waiver wire. worst case is that they bust and you go and pick up some boring no upside pitcher on the waiver wire.

This may not apply to very deep leagues.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby Sjeff22 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:43 pm

Bump
Sjeff22
College Coach
College Coach

Postby checkers » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:32 pm

Yoda wrote:lots of good names already... I'll throw in a few more late rounders:

Shawn Hill
Hiroki Kuroda
Josh Johnson
Jason Hirsh
Chuck James
Mike Pelfrey
Jonathan Sanchez
Edinson Volquez

Is Jonathan Sanchez a SP this year?
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:38 pm

checkers wrote:
Yoda wrote:lots of good names already... I'll throw in a few more late rounders:

Shawn Hill
Hiroki Kuroda
Josh Johnson
Jason Hirsh
Chuck James
Mike Pelfrey
Jonathan Sanchez
Edinson Volquez

Is Jonathan Sanchez a SP this year?

Competing for the 5th spot with Correia unless that has changed. Also Lowry getting hammered opens the door even more.

Pelfrey seems like the best late round flier pick right now especially with El Duque hurt. Great team, park and he is still very talented. Just needs to pitch better.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers