Please analyze team. I have another draft tonight - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please analyze team. I have another draft tonight

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please analyze team. I have another draft tonight

Postby Nighttrain » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:47 pm

12 team 5x5 H2H league. I have another draft later on with the same rules and want to know if I should adjust anything. I think the team is solid but I haven't had a chance to really analyze. Thanks.

C- Posada
C- Salty
1B- Tex
2B- Kendrick
SS- Guillen
3B- Gordon
OF- Manny
OF- Soriano
OF- Holliday
OF- Hawpe
OF- Hart
UT- Edwin Encarnacion
UT- Joey Votto

Starters:
Oswalt
Hamels
Gallardo
Chris Young
Lincecum
Clay Bucholz

Closers
Capps
Pena
Gregg
Gagne
Nighttrain
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please analyze team. I have another draft tonight

Postby RC17 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:54 pm

I didn't see how your draft went the first time, but it looks like you may be overvaluing young players a bit. Make sure not to reach when drafting unproven guys like Kendrick, Gordon, and Salty. In order for this team to be great all of those young players will have to reach almost full potential, and it's just unrealistic that that will happen. Even if they have a lower ceiling, sometimes a proven veteran is a better bet than the "upside" pick. Ideally, aim for a solid mix of both.
RC17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Nighttrain » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:29 pm

You think that the offense can carry those guys? I mean I spend my first 4 picks on offense: Holliday, Soriano, Manny, Tex. Stole Posada in the 15h and Guillen in the 9th. You can't have STUDS at every position. Hawpe is going to hit over 30 HRs. HArt is in a great lineup and shows no reason to expect anything different. Kendrick, Salty, votto and Gordon are suspect but that is only 4 positions out of 13.

There are always WW guys that can fill ion for those guys if they don't pan out, but you don't think the foundation I set for the offense is good?

What about pitching. I think I got great deals on those guys and build a High K staff with a chance to be great.
Nighttrain
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Another Blown Save » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:51 pm

For a 12 team league, that team looks good. Very good offense, solid pitching with very high potential. RP isn't your strength, but solid closers will be available during season so as long as you stay active, you should be fine.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby kovu65 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:33 pm

The OF sure stands out as the strong point. Posada, Guillen and Kendrick would work for me as well.
If it were me (and we all have our own preferences) I might consider another top SP or 'sure' closer
over the 3rd big bat in the OF and definitely over Tex and then aim for guys like Hart, Victorino, Cuddyer, Willingham... to round out the OF. Also (not sure if Guillen is 1B eligible for you) but there are lots of those hopeful breakouts at SS later (Hardy, Peralta, Drew) they're not flashy but solid enough you wouldn't hurt yourself overall.
And I know they're just bench fillers but I wouldn't bother with Votto/Encarnacion, but then again I don't know what's left.
I'd be surprised if you did worse than top half, minimum
kovu65
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team