Yahoo Gonna Charge This Year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Gonna Charge This Year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:16 am

Even if they went pay, it wouldn't be the end of the world. If you play in a 12 team league, $120 divided by 12 comes to 10 bucks a friggen head...that's not an insurmountable hunk of cash to pay for a season of fun...

LOL. If Yahoo starts charging they at least better make their site look prettier. I'd rather play Sportsline if it's gonna cost me money!! ;-D

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby trevisc » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:22 am

Yahoo won't charge. They make more money by it being a free league and having advertising on your league. I do think that they should limit teams by IP and yahoo ID to keep people from running multiple "Mock Drafts" and snarfing up all the live draft spots.

just my opinion.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby jonnyblack » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:06 pm

unclepaulie wrote:Dude you have to find a new hat for your Prior avatar. That mess looks silly, he's getting ate up by that gigantic thing!!!!!

This has been covered before, but in short, Prior borrowed that hat from Nellie, and it just looks big because of the Durag he is wearing under it. Street Cred, Yo. It's all about street cred. Prior's down with Nellie's peeps.
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:09 pm

trevisc wrote:Yahoo won't charge. They make more money by it being a free league and having advertising on your league. I do think that they should limit teams by IP and yahoo ID to keep people from running multiple "Mock Drafts" and snarfing up all the live draft spots.

just my opinion.

Trev if all the live draft spots fill up Yahoo simply opens up more times. I've created leagues before where the only open times were early morning on a wednesday. I just kept checking back each day and eventually they opened more times and I got one that I wanted.

Would you rather have people not do mock draft leagues and simply join some other league where half the people are actually trying to play while the other half stopped checking because they were just getting a practice draft in?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: Yahoo Gonna Charge This Year?

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:10 pm

Casimir wrote:
xeifrank wrote:I am expecting the same thing, both pay and free leagues. They did add a nice thing in the free fantasy football leagues, by implementing their "Cannot Cut" list. A list of 100 top players that can't be cut, this keeps teams from dumping their best players. Problem is, that they didn't update this list and players who were top 100 at the beginning of the year were no longer top 100 later in the year and dropping them wouldn't have been considered dumping, but you were stuck with them.

The Cannot Cut list stunk for those of us who had McNabb for the exact reason you mentioned --- it wasn't updated properly. :-/

I agree. That list sucks. How about if you have someone like Priest Holmes getting rested at the end of the year and you can't drop him for a replacement?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby ironman » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:11 pm

Anonymous wrote:
trevisc wrote:Yahoo won't charge. They make more money by it being a free league and having advertising on your league. I do think that they should limit teams by IP and yahoo ID to keep people from running multiple "Mock Drafts" and snarfing up all the live draft spots.

just my opinion.

Trev if all the live draft spots fill up Yahoo simply opens up more times. I've created leagues before where the only open times were early morning on a wednesday. I just kept checking back each day and eventually they opened more times and I got one that I wanted.

Would you rather have people not do mock draft leagues and simply join some other league where half the people are actually trying to play while the other half stopped checking because they were just getting a practice draft in?

That was me. I wasn't trying to be anonymous I just forgot to log in.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby trevisc » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:13 pm

Anonymous wrote:

I think it's possibly due to the fact that a league couldn't fill up their league and had to choose another time to draft. I could be wrong but i've noticed the same pattern of checking back and seeing a time available.

to answer your other question.. YES!

i'd rather yahoo offer a "MOCK DRAFT" option so anyone who wanted to practice could do so all they wanted and let those of us who want to draft a real team do so. Either way it won't affect our keeper league THIS year because we're doing an offline draft...
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby ironman » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:19 pm

trevisc wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

I think it's possibly due to the fact that a league couldn't fill up their league and had to choose another time to draft. I could be wrong but i've noticed the same pattern of checking back and seeing a time available.

to answer your other question.. YES!

i'd rather yahoo offer a "MOCK DRAFT" option so anyone who wanted to practice could do so all they wanted and let those of us who want to draft a real team do so. Either way it won't affect our keeper league THIS year because we're doing an offline draft...

The Mock Draft option would be awesome. But until then this is path we take. ;-)

I don't think times opening up are a result of leagues going unfilled, because I've checked back and Yahoo will have all time slots available again. No way that many leagues drop out. I think Yahoo limits how many drafts they allow in each slot initially. Once all the slots fill up they then open all the times again for more drafts.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby shortsavage » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:45 pm

jonnyblack wrote:
unclepaulie wrote:Dude you have to find a new hat for your Prior avatar. That mess looks silly, he's getting ate up by that gigantic thing!!!!!

This has been covered before, but in short, Prior borrowed that hat from Nellie, and it just looks big because of the Durag he is wearing under it. Street Cred, Yo. It's all about street cred. Prior's down with Nellie's peeps.

Yeah, that does look awful. It is unfair to treat Prior like that.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby jonnyblack » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:45 pm

There, That Should do it. ;-D ;-D
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers