Ellsbury... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ellsbury...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ellsbury...

Postby quitesanemax » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:26 am

DRAFTAHOLIC wrote:Okay its not a Carlos Hernandez gut but it looks worse when he sits down. LOL

Draftaholic

I don't think that would cause them to look for a new pitcher... They just have to hope he is able to pitch well anyway, or that he will be able to get into shape by the time the season starts. But Schilling being down for half the season, maybe the whole season, has to have them thinking about trading Crisp for a half decent pitcher... I wouldn't mind that. I'd love to see what Ellsbury can do with a full season! In fact, I had the idea that he would be getting the starting job to start this season... I'm disappointed to find out Coco Crisp is the starter. That kid makes things happen out there.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DRAFTAHOLIC » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:42 am

It was reported earlier in the year that Ellsbury would be the starter.

The Sports Xchange reports OF Coco Crisp has been replaced by OF Jacoby Ellsbury in the Red Sox starting lineup and is most likely trade bait. Crisp is owed $10.5 million over the last two years of his deal, which makes him attractive to teams looking for an affordable, slick-fielding center fielder as an alternative to the more expensive free agent options. Minnesota, Houston, Texas, Philadelphia, Atlanta and San Diego have all been mentioned as possible landing spots for Crisp.

D
DRAFTAHOLIC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:50 am

Ellsbury is currently behind Crisp on the depth chart.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby quitesanemax » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:51 pm

Red Sox fans remember what happened in 2006 with Arroyo. You can't be too deep at pitcher. If one more pitcher goes down right now for them, then their season could already be done. I don't think its time to panic, but I think they should be looking to trade Crisp... If they can get a good deal on a decent pitcher, I think it would be a good move.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby zevon » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:29 am

quitesanemax wrote:
I don't think that would cause them to look for a new pitcher... They just have to hope he is able to pitch well anyway, or that he will be able to get into shape by the time the season starts. But Schilling being down for half the season, maybe the whole season, has to have them thinking about trading Crisp for a half decent pitcher... I wouldn't mind that. I'd love to see what Ellsbury can do with a full season! In fact, I had the idea that he would be getting the starting job to start this season... I'm disappointed to find out Coco Crisp is the starter. That kid makes things happen out there.

Beckett will be in fine shape come April.
I like the idea of having both Crisp and Ellsbury, mainly because Manny is such a wildcard. All reports we're hearing is that he's in great shape, looking forward to a great season, etc, and I'm as excited about that as anyone. I just have a strong feeling he won't be back next year, and an OF with Jacoby in left and Coco in center could be solid for years.
zevon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby quitesanemax » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:53 pm

zevon wrote:
Beckett will be in fine shape come April.
I like the idea of having both Crisp and Ellsbury, mainly because Manny is such a wildcard. All reports we're hearing is that he's in great shape, looking forward to a great season, etc, and I'm as excited about that as anyone. I just have a strong feeling he won't be back next year, and an OF with Jacoby in left and Coco in center could be solid for years.

If we can just get Coco to buy into that, we will be doing fine. Although I think it is entirely possible now, from listening to an interview with Theo yesterday, that Coco could end up being the starter. And I'm not too worried about that either. What I could see happening is Coco being the starter, but each of the OFers and Ortiz getting one day off per week, and being replaced by Ellsbury.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates