90%
Live online
No votes
Other (Auction)
10%

Total votes : 10

Re: Poll: Draft type

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:29 am

RocketsDWM wrote:You have 24 hours to draft once the owner in front of you has selected their player. That should be plenty of time. And you can also leave a list with another owner. ;-D

I'm going to leave this open in case threelions has any more questions ;-D ;-D

i think 24 is alittle too much...depending on when we start drafting, if every round took 24 hours, it would take about a month. 12 hours should be more than enough, especially with the option of leaving a short list with another person.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kaveman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:32 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:You have 24 hours to draft once the owner in front of you has selected their player. That should be plenty of time. And you can also leave a list with another owner. ;-D

i think 24 is alittle too much...depending on when we start drafting, if every round took 24 hours, it would take about a month. 12 hours should be more than enough, especially with the option of leaving a short list with another person.

12 sounds good to me too. ;-D
kaveman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fantasybeast27 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:59 pm

kaveman wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

12 sounds good to me too. ;-D

Agreed, 12 hrs is a good time. And here is a suggestion so it is easier to pm people: make a link on each persons name (in each round where it says order) so then we can just click on it and then you are right there. The reason I say this because I know of people who dont pm for whatever reason, and this makes it much easier.
fantasybeast27
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:22 pm

For the first couple of rounds (say the first two) I would like to keep it at 24 hrs between picks. After that, 12 hours between picks would make the draft more feasible to complete. We would have to institute a rule though so that if someone makes a pick at 6 p.m., the next owner does not have to draft before 6 in the morning (say 12-8 in the morning, the clock momentarily is frozen).
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 57)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:34 am

RocketsDWM wrote:For the first couple of rounds (say the first two) I would like to keep it at 24 hrs between picks. After that, 12 hours between picks would make the draft more feasible to complete. We would have to institute a rule though so that if someone makes a pick at 6 p.m., the next owner does not have to draft before 6 in the morning (say 12-8 in the morning, the clock momentarily is frozen).

well this doesnt make much sense, because everyone is excited for the first few rounds, and there's no way 24 hours will be needed. 24 hrs will probably be needed when its the 19th round and many people dont care about their teams (i.e. not check the board as often). i think checking in after 6pm until you go to bed is more than enough time. if you're committing to a fantasy baseball draft, i think thats more than fair...not to mention i dont think anyone is going to be waiting at the computer at 6am ready to pick in front of the guy.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:21 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i dont think anyone is going to be waiting at the computer at 6am ready to pick in front of the guy.

That's 9 or 10 pm for me. I'll be there :-D.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 143)

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:50 am

Alright, 12 hours to start the draft and 24 hours in the last round or last couple of rounds.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 57)

Previous

Return to Cold Stove League