Mock Draft Team - Appreciate all Input - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Mock Draft Team - Appreciate all Input

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mock Draft Team - Appreciate all Input

Postby down.by.law » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:08 pm

Just got done a Yahoo style Mock Draft. Let me know what you think - will be happy to respond to any threads you started.

1B Johnny Damon
2B Kaz Matsui
3B Chipper Jones
SS Michael Young
C Joe Mauer
OF Matt Holliday
OF Ichiro Suzuki
OF Alex Rios
UTL Willy Taveras
BN Jason Varitek
BN Alex Gordon
BN Mark Ellis

SP Josh Beckett
SP Ben Sheets
SP Brett Myers
SP Brad Penny
SP Matt Cain
RP Brandon Lyon
RP Eric Gagne
RP Jonathan Broxton
RP Pat Neshek
"He's Pressing Right Now And Just Needs To Find His Stroke"
-Wheels
down.by.law
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mock Draft Team - Appreciate all Input

Postby ejay508 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:48 am

All I have to say is thank god this was a mock. Your team has absolutley no power outside of Holiday. Whether this is a H2H or Roto league, I don't like the team. I hope this was an 18 team league.

Damon at first: Terrible
Kaz at 2nd: Okay if you drafted him in the 20th for speed
Chipper: Will not play over 120 games
Young: Has lost his speed and power is going down
Mauer: Stud Catcher but you should of drafted a better bat and grabbed a guy like Posada, Salty, Soto, later on
Holiday: STUD
Ichiro: He is a stud but being you got Kaz and Taveras later on you were better off grabbing Berkman/Lee/Manny/Ortiz in the 2nd instead of Ichiro
Rios: Nice player but I am sure there we better options than taking him in probably the 4th or 5th
Taveras: Only get a player like this if you have no speed. All he does is steal, not worth where you have to take him. A guy like Victorino can be grabbed off the WW if you need speed plus you already have Ichiro/RIOS/KAZ/ and Damon. You dont get extra points for winning the category by 100 rather than 1

Pitching: Too many question marks. I would think with that offense you would have STUD pitching but you dont.
Beckett: STUD
Sheets: Very injury prone not reliable
Myers: WHo knows what will happen with him. He stunk then went to bullpen last year now back in rotation. I will not waste a single digit pick on him rather have a guy like Chris Young or Gallardo than him
Penny: A big suprise last year but his 2nd half #s suckk every year. If he starts off 10-1 like last year. SELL SELL SELL
Cain: Good young pitcher but that Giant Offense is terrible. Wins will limit his value but I like him

WHy do you have Lyon/Broxton and Lyon? Are holds a category? If they aren't dont draft these guys grab closers if closers are gone grab extra starters and bench guys.
ejay508
College Coach
College Coach

Postby down.by.law » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:40 am

Yikes. That was a rant.Llet's take a look at some categories other than SB's that this team will exceed in:
AVG - HITS - trips - runs - low SO's, OBP
With playes like Rios, Holiday, Jones,and Mauer I'll be able to hang in RBI's .
So i'm giving up HR's and SLG, power hitters are great but high strikeouts, low averages, and mid-season slumps are a killer.
What league are you in where Victorino is on the WW - you better check the ranks this year.
Better options than Rios in the 5th round!?!? You really are in 2007 mode.

Sheets was a gamble - if he's healthy - big payout.
Myers was not demoted to the bullpen, he had to go cause his team had no one to close. His arm was a huge reason for the NL East pennant.

There are holds, along with K/9 and SO's - which Broxton kills it in. Why bother with average closers who will only get you SV's but will kill your WHIP, ERA, and L's.
"He's Pressing Right Now And Just Needs To Find His Stroke"
-Wheels
down.by.law
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby ejay508 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:18 am

This is obviouslly a non standard league. You should reall lay out what type of league it is if you want an accurate assesment. I analyzed the team as if it were a 12 team 5x5 (standard cats) H2H league. In that type of league it would of been destroyed. K's are irrelavant in those leagues, no triples hits etc... So you can see why I didnt like the team. In your current format, I have no idea but think you will struggle a lot with HR, RBI, SLG and any other power cat that WILL NOT be availble on the WW like speed will be. I recentlly read that HR hitters are more valubale this year and speed is less due to the # of players and homeruns hit last year. Homeruns were far less than previous years and SBs were at or near an all-time high with more guys stealing more bases.

I was refering to 2007 when i said you can always grab a guy likeVicotrino off the WW as no one drafted him last year and provided a nice speed spark. I am sure there will be someone on the WW this year that can give you 30 plus steals.

I am not a big Rios fan. He is an okay player but I have been able to get Pronk/Atkins and a few other sluggers in the 5th in Mock drafts.
ejay508
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BAdams21 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:42 am

i think thats a top 3 team. dont know who the idiots u were that drafted with you that let you get all of those players, but top 3 for sure
BAdams21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nighttrain » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:49 pm

What type of Format is this league? A 12 team standard 5x5? If so it will not contend structured as is.
Nighttrain
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team