Reyes SB - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Reyes SB

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Reyes SB

Postby Broncmet724 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:08 pm

Yes, Reyes will steal some bases in 2008 O:-)
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:45 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
mak1277 wrote:Presumably, though, if Pierre gets less playing time, the supposition is that the total number of stolen bases in your fantasy league is going to decline by some amount (probably 40 some total SBs fewer). In that case, each SB is worth slightly more than it would be if Pierre was stealing 60....thus bumping Reyes' value slightly.

In a 12-team league, though, 40 SBs is only going to be like 3% of the total. I think this would have much more marginal impact on those "cheap SB" guys.

That's pretty much it. Add in the fact that those cheap SB guys take up roster spots. No single player in fantasy baseball has a chance to impact any one category as much as a healthy Reyes can impact SB.

Excellent point.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby Ender » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:54 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
That's pretty much it. Add in the fact that those cheap SB guys take up roster spots. No single player in fantasy baseball has a chance to impact any one category as much as a healthy Reyes can impact SB.

That is true but on the other hand no single injury is going to kill a team more than the team that loses Reyes mid season to an injury. I personally hate to have the majority of my SB's tied up into a single guy. I much prefer getting a lot of 10-20 SB guys and spreading out the risk. I also don't like pure speed guys because even a minor injury can flush their value right down the toilet as they keep on playing but just don't run.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Yoda » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:23 pm

Ender wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:

That is true but on the other hand no single injury is going to kill a team more than the team that loses Reyes mid season to an injury. I personally hate to have the majority of my SB's tied up into a single guy. I much prefer getting a lot of 10-20 SB guys and spreading out the risk. I also don't like pure speed guys because even a minor injury can flush their value right down the toilet as they keep on playing but just don't run.

This is why I never invest in SB guys. So much of Reyes's value is tied to speed that if he has a bum wheel, then he is virtually worthless.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers