2008 Keeper Mock - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

2008 Keeper Mock

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

2008 Keeper Mock

Postby WebHamster » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:03 pm

This thread contains comments on the Cafe's "2008 Keeper Mock", which was posted in the Cafe's Player Rankings section by Josh Milczski on February 12, 2008. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 582)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2008 Keeper Mock

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Good job guys with the write up. I really hate my Bay pick more and more %-6
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:58 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Good job guys with the write up. I really hate my Bay pick more and more %-6

Don't let 'em get in your head too much. It was a bit early, but sometimes you have to take a chance :-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby rookies and cream » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:11 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Good job guys with the write up. I really hate my Bay pick more and more %-6

Don't let 'em get in your head too much. It was a bit early, but sometimes you have to take a chance :-D

Thanks for the mentioning Omaha. Also, I'm glad everyone liked the D. Young pick, though you all conveniently forgot that it was me (not JCobb) who made the pick. B-) :-D :-B
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:44 pm

A+ B-)
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:50 pm

sportsguy138 comments:

Bad

Braun: Even though he’s a good young player that can put up great numbers, the risk over taking him over proven guys such as Soriano/Guerrero/Ortiz/C.Lee, etc. isn’t worth it. He could end up putting good enough number up where he has good value there, but I’d rather not take the risk at 2.01. The most I would reach at him is around round 3, so I probably won’t be owning him this year.

Bay: He’s not the 5 stud he once was. He’s lost his speed and after having that brutal year last year I think it’s way too early to gamble on him at 5.06. I’d much rather have a couple young guys such as Pence, C.B.Young, Kinsler, etc.

I think you are missing the word "tool" between 5 and stud. :-B

For the draft, Atkins at 28 was probably the biggest reach, I'd have a hard time committing to him as a top 3 player on my team over guys like Granderson and Morneau who were still on the board.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:00 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
sportsguy138 comments:

Bad

Braun: Even though he’s a good young player that can put up great numbers, the risk over taking him over proven guys such as Soriano/Guerrero/Ortiz/C.Lee, etc. isn’t worth it. He could end up putting good enough number up where he has good value there, but I’d rather not take the risk at 2.01. The most I would reach at him is around round 3, so I probably won’t be owning him this year.

Bay: He’s not the 5 stud he once was. He’s lost his speed and after having that brutal year last year I think it’s way too early to gamble on him at 5.06. I’d much rather have a couple young guys such as Pence, C.B.Young, Kinsler, etc.

For the draft, Atkins at 28 was probably the biggest reach, I'd have a hard time committing to him as a top 3 player on my team over guys like Granderson and Morneau who were still on the board.

No, No, SG meant stud. Bay turned him down in the past
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:15 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
sportsguy138 comments:

Bad

Yeah, I meant 5 tool stud. I was in a real rush and Omaha wanted the comments in as soon as possible. So I wrote those comments in about a couple of minutes.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:11 am

Fade2White12 wrote:A+ B-)

Thought this should be mentioned again. :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Madison » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:40 am

Haven't had a chance to look at this yet guys, but I plan to on Wednesday and I plan to get the mocking bird icons handed out as well. ;-D Didn't want you guys to think I forgot or anything, just been really busy. :*)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Article Discussions