** 5 Year Old 6x6 Roto Dynasty Needs 1 Owner ** - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

** 5 Year Old 6x6 Roto Dynasty Needs 1 Owner **

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

** 5 Year Old 6x6 Roto Dynasty Needs 1 Owner **

Postby newskin0927 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:08 am

Hey everybody. My name is Frank, I have run a Dynasty Keeper League through a combination of Yahoo Sports and Yahoo Groups for the past 4 seasons. I lost two owners this off-season, one of which has since been replaced by an excellent owner. I am in need of one more guy.

The catch: The draft is 95% done - You would be inheriting a talented team, but you are foregoing the ability to draft this year as entrance into an ELITE league.

Before you read on, understand this disclaimer: This is a 7 day a week, 365 day a year league. We have "down time" in the off-season, but we are EXTREMELY ACTIVE. We use Yahoo sports as our provider for in-season, and we all belong to a Yahoo Groups league home-page for the off-season. I am an avid commissioner. I assure you: This is unlike any other league you've ever been a part of. But I require absolute commitment to a dynasty league and nothing less. If that sounds like too much for you, do not bother responding please.

Here is the kicker: In this league we have and maintain a minor league roster of 10 players. If you do not know minor league baseball inside/out do not respond.

League Particulars/Roster Inheriting:

This is not a true Dynasty League is the essence that you have to keep your entire roster year to year, we have 8 MLB Keepers.

6 x 6 Rotisserie Scoring
Pitching Cats: Wins, ERA, WHIP, Strikeouts, Saves, Holds <--- If you do not understand holds, again: Do not bother.
Offensive Cats: Average, HR, RBI, SB, Runs Scored, and On-Base Pct.

Roster Size is the Max of 30 with 3 DL Spots.
Starting Spots:
C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, MI, CI, LF, CF, RF, UT, UT, UT, Bench
SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, Bench

We hold our MLB Draft first, generally in late January or early February. It is a MESSAGE BOARD DRAFT and requires patience. The draft generally takes about 1 month to complete with no time limit on picks. Our guys are very active, and will usually make their pick within a few hours.. A lot of times we will roll through 5/6 rounds in a day.

Our Minor League Draft follows the MLB Draft (within 48 hours) and is held the same way: On the message board.

Minor leaguers that are eligible are: ANY PLAYERS THAT HAVE ZERO MLB EXPERIENCE. If a player has even 1 AB or 1 IP in the major leagues they are a major league player only. You can also draft college players, but they must be entering either their Junior or Senior season only. No Freshman, No Sophmores, No High School kids.

Foreign players are treated like minor leaguers, and are not available to be drafted in the MLB Draft. For example, this year, Kosuke Fukudome will only be available in our minor league draft.

Your minor leaguers can stay on your minor league roster as long as you'd like UNTIL they reach a statistical plateau. These are: 150 IP for a pitcher, and 300 AB for a hitter. Once they reach these numbers (which I update weekly) you will have one week to either: Call them up to your MLB Team, Drop them, or Trade them. Once you promote a player you cannot replace him on your minor league roster unless you do so via trade. There are no "minor league free agents".

*** IN THIS LEAGUE YOU CAN TRADE: MLB PLAYERS, MINOR LEAGUE PLAYERS, AND PICKS IN BOTH THE MLB AND MINOR LEAGUE DRAFT. ** These things are all kept up on by your Commissioner.

Like I said before: We use a Yahoo Groups page as a database. It is a private league home site for just us. We use that message board to hold our draft, we also use the Yahoo Groups database and files function as a way of tracking: Minor League Players Rosters/Current Stats, Archived information, Draft results, etc etc.

Both drafts from year to year are determined by using reverse order of the standings from the previous season. Meaning, the team the finishes in last place gets the #1 pick in both drafts, and so on. They are snake drafts.

I believe that covers most of the particulars, here is a copy of the roster as it currently stands for the team you could potentially inherit:

** MLB ROSTER ** Under Construction:

C: Victor Martinez, CLE
1B: Adrian Gonzalez, SD
2B: Placido Polanco, DET
SS: J.J. Hardy, MIL
3B: Mike Lowell, BOS
MI: Khalil Greene, SD
CI: Chipper Jones, ATL
LF: Raul Ibanez, SEA
CF: Andruw Jones, LAD
RF: Brad Hawpe, COL
UT: Curtis Granderson, DET
UT: Aaron Rowand, SF
UT: Jose Guillen, KC
B: Randy Winn, SF

SP: Josh Beckett, BOS
SP: John Lackey, LAA
SP: A.J. Burnett, TOR
SP: Jon Lester, BOS
RP: Jeremy Accardo, TOR
RP: Jason Isrignhausen, STL
RP: Ryan Franklin, STL
P: John Danks, CHW
P: Kelvim Escobar, LAA
P: Joe Blanton, OAK
B: Orlando Hernandez, NYM

** CURRENT MINOR LEAGUE ROSTER **

1. Jose Tabata, OF, NYY
2. Andy LaRoche, 3B, LAD (51 AB)
3. Michael Bowden, SP, BOS
4. Fernando Martinez, OF, NYM
5. Will Inman, SP, SD
6. Kendry Morales, 1B, LAA (297 AB)
7. Brandon Erbe, SP, BAL
8. Billy Rowell, 3B, BAL
9. Joe Koshansky, 1B, COL
10. VACNAT (J. Danks)

*** FOR THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED IN THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY: EMAIL ME AT: brewcrewstyle@yahoo.com - I do not check this page often, thus I may not see your Private Message quickly. I would prefer that you email me ***
"I dunno Monty, looks like Vaughn might be carryin' his left a little low. This could hurt him in the later rounds. ~Harry Doyle
newskin0927
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds