Discussion on league rules/issues/options - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cold Stove League

Discussion on league rules/issues/options

Moderators: smoovethug, RocketsDWM

Re: Discussion on league rules/issues/options

Postby smoovethug » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:48 pm

Seems like we have all the wrinkles ironed out right? Any tentative date to get this draft started?

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Once everyone signs in on Yahoo, every member will be assigned a number (1-12). Those numbers will then be put into a random generator using this website:

http://www.random.org/sequences/

A random sequence will then result.

not that i dont trust you, i 100 % do, there have been many people question the results of a draft if the commissioner does it. i would suggest asking an outside source here at the cafe to do would silence all critics.

There can even be doubts about that person though (whomever is chosen). These results will be honest and in no way tampered.

However, I am open to anything though, so if people agree with you we can work on finding a third party (someone like knapplc would be perfect).
;-D ;-D

I know a site that generates random draft orders and sends out the results by email to each person (to make sure there's no tampering). I used it for Football and if you guys want I can try and find it.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:09 am

ASAP ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:18 am

Yeah, try to find it. If not, we will find someone at the Cafe to use the random generator for us.

The draft will commence as soon as we get the draft order in place.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:03 am

bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby smoovethug » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:33 am

For that one you're going to need everyones email address (it's a required field) and since not everyone has listed one in the sign up thread everyone will have to post their email in this thread which will take more time. Just find a random generator and pop out an order. Someone's always going to be upset about their draft spot no matter what happens. I'm not going to accuse anyone of cheating or rigging the draft order and anyone who does needs to grow up. Find a random generator, get that draft order going and lets move on with this. :-°

Here are a couple I found:

http://www.draft-tracker.com/draftOrder.cfm (with email addresses optional)
http://tools.fantasysportsfactory.com/D ... random.php

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:33 am

smoovethug wrote:For that one you're going to need everyones email address (it's a required field) and since not everyone has listed one in the sign up thread everyone will have to post their email in this thread which will take more time. Just find a random generator and pop out an order. Someone's always going to be upset about their draft spot no matter what happens. I'm not going to accuse anyone of cheating or rigging the draft order and anyone who does needs to grow up. Find a random generator, get that draft order going and lets move on with this. :-°

I'm cool with that. Besides, it's not like Rockets is gonna rig the order or change it anyways. I trust him.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:58 am

smoovethug wrote:For that one you're going to need everyones email address (it's a required field) and since not everyone has listed one in the sign up thread everyone will have to post their email in this thread which will take more time. Just find a random generator and pop out an order. Someone's always going to be upset about their draft spot no matter what happens. I'm not going to accuse anyone of cheating or rigging the draft order and anyone who does needs to grow up. Find a random generator, get that draft order going and lets move on with this. :-°

well thats certainly not true...not that i care or even think rockets would do it, but it wouldnt be hard for him to randomize the draft 1 more time if he didnt like his slot. but hey, whatever, i dont mind either way.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby smoovethug » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:34 am

Ok, so say rockets tells someone to use the generator for us and says HEY D00D make sure when you do it I get a good pick!! There can always be accusations of tampering no matter what happens. Let's just please get this done and move on.

smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:11 am

I am going to do the draft order. Trust me, I am not going to tamper or otherwise affect the results. Whatever comes out of the generator will be the order.

Whatever order owners signed up in the "sign up thread" will be their number.

If we were to find someone else, we first would have to agree on that person and then wait for that person to complete the generator.

;-D
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

PreviousNext

Return to Cold Stove League