Filling my minor league roster spot. .... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Filling my minor league roster spot. ....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Filling my minor league roster spot. ....

Postby tdmel30 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:35 pm

10 team, NL-only, 4x4, keeper. $260 auction cap with a $185 keeper cap. Keeper values based on previous years performance. 11 hitters, 9 pitchers, no bench.

We have added a minor league roster spot to our teams and I get the last pick this year. This preseason draft is the only way to fill this spot. If the player is brought up the majors, he must be put on the active roster after his first game. The minor league spot will remain empty until next years draft. Here are my current potential keepers.

C - McCann
1B - Delgado
2B -
SS - Theriot
3B - Jones
MI -
CI -
OF- Dunn, C. Lee, Kemp, Burrell
P - Webb, Gorzellany, Wolf, Lowry, Isringhausen, Capps + 3 open P spots

Leave a link and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
Here are the guys I'm choosing from:

Carlos Carrasco, Chris Marrero, M. Scherzer

Thoughts?
tdmel30
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Filling my minor league roster spot. ....

Postby stevethumb » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:28 am

of those 3 i like cmarrero the best...he shouldnt get any ML time w/the nationals until 09 but he looks like a professional hitter
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby thomasps3 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:28 am

So Isringhausen, in my estimation, and you can take it for what it's worth, is on his way out, and I believe Chris Perez is the frontrunner to become the new Cardinals closer, and with the Cards in somewhat of a rebuild mode this year with Carp out, your closer spots look real thin. Scherzer has the ceiling of a #3 starter, but he really projects as a back of the 'pen ace because his lack of ancillary plus pitches doesn't hurt him as much and therefore I think I would go with him.

Now, with that being said, why are you only presenting us with 3 options? There are a lot of guys at the end of the 1st round that shouldn't premiere until 2009 that have higher ceilingsthan these guys...
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby tdmel30 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:42 am

They are about all that is left. I'm picking 10th of 10 and we are limited to NL-only and players who have no major league experience. We can pick players further out, but would have to give up our minor league pick each year to hold on to them until they get called up.

A couple other possibilities:

Lillibridge
Colvin
LaPorta
Volstad

Here is who has been taken so far:

Bruce, Kershaw, Rasmus, McCutchen, Antonelli, F. Martinez, Cueto, N. Walker, Schafer
tdmel30
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thomasps3 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:04 am

Well, to be perfectyl honest, I would choose to go outside the ones you are presenting and go with Jason Heyward. He's a beast, profile sas a much higher ceiling, and to be perfectly honest, do you wnat giuys that are worth keeping, or guys that you can choose each year? It seems that is the question. He profile sa s aDave Parker type, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a call in late '09, and be a mainstay in 2010 and posting monster numbers.
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Return to Minor League & College Baseball