Maddux A Yankee - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Maddux A Yankee

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dude86 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:50 am

I wouldn't exactly call signing Maddux doing what it takes to win. I think it would be better described as a waste of money. Also I hope George knows that he might not even see Maddux get to 300 this season as 11 wins is hardly a guarantee for Maddux at this point.
Dude86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby swingaway » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:17 am

let sign maddux then trade contreas for marcus giles form the braves :-B then this off season sign kerry wood and mat morris then sign carlos beltran then sign john smoltz.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ramble2 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:18 am

Dude86 wrote:I wouldn't exactly call signing Maddux doing what it takes to win. I think it would be better described as a waste of money. Also I hope George knows that he might not even see Maddux get to 300 this season as 11 wins is hardly a guarantee for Maddux at this point.

If Maddux went to the Yankees, I'd put good money on him to get at least 11 wins this season.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby denvermax » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:23 am

swingaway wrote:let sign maddux then trade contreas for marcus giles form the braves :-B then this off season sign kerry wood and mat morris then sign carlos beltran then sign john smoltz.

and dont forget to sign chavez to back up arod ;-)
denvermax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby denvermax » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:24 am

ramble2 wrote:
Dude86 wrote:I wouldn't exactly call signing Maddux doing what it takes to win. I think it would be better described as a waste of money. Also I hope George knows that he might not even see Maddux get to 300 this season as 11 wins is hardly a guarantee for Maddux at this point.

If Maddux went to the Yankees, I'd put good money on him to get at least 11 wins this season.

as would i ;-D
denvermax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:24 am

I said that he does whatever he feels he needs to do to try to win. It doesn't always work but he tries.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby swingaway » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:24 am

ramble2 wrote:

even if maddux gives up 5 runs a game he will still win because of the improved offense just look for examle what andy peteite did and he is not nearly as good as maddux is.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby swingaway » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:36 am

Anyone now a site where we can talk to any mlb owners, comminsers, or any in mangement with the game i would like to give them a piece of my mine. Let me talk to those greedy players union and the owners union let me straighten them out. This season i draw the line and you would think the players union would care about the intragate of the game instead of their wallets but i guess not the only thing players care about is money money money money. The players dont care if othjers teams have a shot to win they just leave and sign for the $$$.Whars the point of a farm system if you dont even use it ? Most of the big market teams jsut use their farm system as a trading ground. The only time you see a player take a discount are home grow guys or older vets. But after this crop of veterans leave the new breed will arise the a-rod generation when they become old will refuse to take deiscounts and demand more even though there past there prime. 10-20 years from now The Highiest payroll in baseball will approach 1 billion dollars. if somethign isnt done pretty soon.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby phatjagz14 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:10 am

I haven't read this whole thread so I don't know if someone discussed it but the New York Post is reporting that the Maddux rumors were untrue.
It's like I've died and gone to heaven......but then they realized that it wasn't my time, so they sent me to a brewery.
phatjagz14
College Coach
College Coach

Postby WharfRat » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:30 am

I just gotta say--I think MLB should find a way to increase parity, not completely like the NFL, but much more than now. With that said--the Yankees have a right to spend as much as they want. With revenues from a TV station, and George's fat wallet, that's a lot of money--but SO DOES EVERYBODY ELSE. The guy that owns detroit--doesn't he own WalMart? FREAKIN WALMART? It drives me nuts when I see people complaining about the Yankees, because how many owners are wealthy enough to field better teams, but don't re-invest the money? The Brewers--isn't the Selig family wealthy? And why don't other teams start TV stations or find other ways to generate revenue? Are you telling me DETROIT is a SMALL MARKET??? No, baseball isn't perfect, the system should be improved, but there are two sides to every coin.
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers