ALEX GORDON'S DEVELOPMENT - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ALEX GORDON'S DEVELOPMENT

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ALEX GORDON'S DEVELOPMENT

Postby Doc19 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:37 pm

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the kid; so super-hyped, struggled a bit in his first stint with the royals but did show improvement in the 2nd half... Projections for his 2nd full year in the BIGS? Is .285, 20hr, 80rbi, 85 runs, 20 SB too optomistic?

I currently have him around Encarnacion, Tracey and Kouzmanoff in redraft rankings, too low perhaps?

Thanx for your imput ;-D
Doc19
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ALEX GORDON'S DEVELOPMENT

Postby High Heater » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:04 pm

your still looking at a perenial .300-30-100-100-20 guy at the hot corner imo.

when moustakas is ready i can see them moving him to 3B shifting billy to DH and making gordon room at 1b, but his bat will show it's true color's if not this year then by '09.

you wont ever get him as cheap then you will now imo ;-D
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby MasterX1918 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:08 pm

High Heater wrote:your still looking at a perenial .300-30-100-100-20 guy at the hot corner imo.

when moustakas is ready i can see them moving him to 3B shifting billy to DH and making gordon room at 1b, but his bat will show it's true color's if not this year then by '09.

it all depends on progression. Things could change quickly if all of the sudden Shealy or Huber come out and become the 30-40 hr guys the Royals are hoping they will.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Yoda » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:11 pm

I think second half 08 he will start to show some consistency.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:26 pm

He looked so clueless at times last season that I worry that he might have gotten mind-fudged. He only hit .264 after the break last season so it's not like he showed any mastery. I would think .275 20/75/75/15 would be optimistic.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J35J » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:58 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:
High Heater wrote:your still looking at a perenial .300-30-100-100-20 guy at the hot corner imo.

it all depends on progression. Things could change quickly if all of the sudden Shealy or Huber come out and become the 30-40 hr guys the Royals are hoping they will.

I doubt Shealy or Huber will ever see 400+ ABs in 1 season with the Royals from this point forward....that shipped has already sailed more than likely.

I'd say right around .270/20/80/12 sounds about right for this year. I can't wait to see how he and Butler progress this year...is it baseball season yet???? ;-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby Ender » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:00 pm

Doc19 wrote:I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the kid; so super-hyped, struggled a bit in his first stint with the royals but did show improvement in the 2nd half... Projections for his 2nd full year in the BIGS? Is .285, 20hr, 80rbi, 85 runs, 20 SB too optomistic?

I currently have him around Encarnacion, Tracey and Kouzmanoff in redraft rankings, too low perhaps?

Thanx for your imput ;-D

Tracy probably wont' be healthy to start the year and has no clear cut position on the team so he shouldn't be with the others. I like Gordon and Encarnacion more than Kouz because of their parks and SB.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Yoda » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:17 am

Ender wrote:
Doc19 wrote:I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the kid; so super-hyped, struggled a bit in his first stint with the royals but did show improvement in the 2nd half... Projections for his 2nd full year in the BIGS? Is .285, 20hr, 80rbi, 85 runs, 20 SB too optomistic?

Thanx for your imput ;-D

Tracy probably wont' be healthy to start the year and has no clear cut position on the team so he shouldn't be with the others. I like Gordon and Encarnacion more than Kouz because of their parks and SB.

Edwin doesn't run that much. I also doubt Gordon will get more than 15.

In any case, I really like Kouz this year and I think he will be the best out of EE, Tracy and Gordon. Petco is tough for lefties but not as bad for righties. Kouz has a lot of pop and he was unlucky for the first part of 07. I can see him hitting 25-30 HR this year.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:58 am

Yoda wrote:
Ender wrote:

Thanx for your imput ;-D

Edwin doesn't run that much. I also doubt Gordon will get more than 15.

In any case, I really like Kouz this year and I think he will be the best out of EE, Tracy and Gordon. Petco is tough for lefties but not as bad for righties. Kouz has a lot of pop and he was unlucky for the first part of 07. I can see him hitting 25-30 HR this year.

Not to hijack or anything, but I was curious about Kouz's top end power numbers as well. Can we expect 20+ and .28-+ from him this season?
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JDD » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:19 am

Gordon is worth getting in a keeper league now, but I would not draft him in year to year leagues until he is traded away from KC.
--JDD
JDD
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers