Welcome to 2008 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Leftovers League

Welcome to 2008

Moderator: rotoquest

Welcome to 2008

Postby TheRock » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:07 am

Ok guys, welcome back. Season 5 already, wow.

First order of business - who's in and who's out. You can post here or PM me as many already have. We will be needing at least one replacement, and I have offered the spot to johnsamo, who you may recall was unable to draft with us last year. But we still may need an owner or two so if you have nominations let me know.

Here's what I know so far:

IN
TheRock
Old_Style
oscar15
thomasps3
CheeseBeger
GIANTbeerdog
seancasey21
Grounded Polo
stoggie10
Legia13
RedBullVodka
Amazing Oopah

OUT
mbuser
RugbyD
williesd
Snakes_Gould
emb0lus

Next order of business will be rules/settings changes, so be thinking about that. Do we want to sweeten the pot with a $20 buy in? Switch to an auction draft? Expand the lineup to include CI and MI? If you've got something, go ahead and start a new thread so we can discuss it.

***UPDATE*** For those of you keeping score at home... We've added one new member, and I've heard from several interested parties. I've extended one offer to an owner who was with us briefly last year, and expect emb0lus back. Emb0lus is always late to show, but the other guy hasn't been seen on the board for a while, not sure how long we can wait for him. So we have between 1 and 3 spots. I'll likely add one this weekend and ask the others if they can wait a couple more weeks for a decision.

***UPDATE 2/19*** Oscar's friend is in, I'm extending one more offer for samo's spot. We'll wait for emb0lus, but I'll get an alternate standing by if he doesn't make it.

***UPDATE 2/23*** snakes had to drop out as well, leaving us a huge influx of new talent. Invitations being sent today, we should be set in a couple of days.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Welcome to 2008

Postby Old_Style » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:12 pm

Too bad Buser isn't playing this season. It was nice having somebody to share the basement with last season. :-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:44 am

what i always liked in my leagues was IF and OF (we play with lf, cf, rf)....gives hitting alittle more depth. this is one of the only roto leagues i play, i much prefer h2h, because it seems about 1.5-2 months into the season, the league gets stale, and at least 6 teams are eliminated from contention.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CheeseBeger » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:25 pm

Personally I would like this league to stay snake draft, I'm already involved in a few auction leagues. Other than that (deeper rosters, h2h, new cat, ect) I am open.
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RugbyD » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:43 pm

I'm not sure if I can stick around this year. The next three months are insanely busy for me and I'm trying to figure out a way to not have to pare down my FBB season to 3 teams. Being my least-tenured league, this would be the one to go. I don't want to hold back the league getting going so feel free to shop my slot around. If I can make it work I'll let you guys know.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:16 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:what i always liked in my leagues was IF and OF (we play with lf, cf, rf)....gives hitting alittle more depth. this is one of the only roto leagues i play, i much prefer h2h, because it seems about 1.5-2 months into the season, the league gets stale, and at least 6 teams are eliminated from contention.

this wasnt suggesting we switch to h2h, i was just saying my opinion.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRock » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:21 am

So we're two down, maybe more. emb0lus was very late checking in last year as well, so I' not giving up on him. I'll post and ad in classifieds to get some candidates, but do you guys have any suggestions? Old_Style sent me one, if you know others PM me. Easier to go with guys we will know will show up and play the whole season.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

Postby oscar15 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Hey everybody - looking forward to another season.

Personally, I don't like making significant changes this close to the start of the season.

I think an end of season discussion is the best time and place to make significant changes to scoring, roster, etc...

That being said, I'm good with whatever the majority decides.

I usually don't play for money with strangers...but you guys are no longer strangers...just strange :-)

I can donate $20 to the cause.

The person who won my money league last year is interested in playing. He joined the cafe last year but I don't remember his id.
Last edited by oscar15 on Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 27)

Postby GIANTbeerdog » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:03 pm

Hello All

Looking forward to another great season and defending the title.

I'm open to trying H2H but prefer Roto. I have no problem adding MI, CI, a couple of OF spots or staying as is. ;-D
GIANTbeerdog
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby TheRock » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:44 pm

Y'all give it up for Grounded Polo, replacement owner #1. Two or so spots left, already have some interest.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Leftovers League