Adding Keepers to League, need advice on rules - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Adding Keepers to League, need advice on rules

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Adding Keepers to League, need advice on rules

Postby hersh22 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:12 pm

We've decided to add the keeper element to my long time league. Can some of you give me the rules on how you do it. We're planning on doing a minimum $5 or 10% increase in salary, whichever is less. Also we were thinking of limiting a player to 3 years on one team before they go back into the auction pool. I'd be interested in hearing how others do it.
hersh22

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Bukoski77 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:23 pm

I cant give advice on dollar values as unfortunately I'm yet to step up to the plate and play in that advanced a league.

I like the 3 year keeper eligibilty rule and I'm in a league that does exactly that. It works out very well in that it increases tradeing and participation. The only downside I have seen to it is that the top skill position players end up being swapped back and forth. There hasnt been too much complaint yet but a few more top SS or top 2B one for one trades might start irking owners who are left out of the top tier skill position players loop.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chiefscards » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:26 am

The keeper I'm in does it a little different than anything I've seen posted in here yet. We don't use $ amounts either. It's a 20 team league with 23 roster spots. We're allowed to keep 8 players and break it down like this to promote trading. We've run up close to 50 trades already this year before the draft.

We get-
4 lifers-can keep as long as we want, or trade/drop

3 one year players-we can keep one season, and either have to promote them to a lifer spot, trade them, or lose them to the draft pool prior to the next season.

Then we also keep one rookie.

I'm also in another keeper with no restrictions on keepers. Nobody does much trading and the league is really quite boring. There's always someting that can be done to spice up a league.
Any fool can piss on the floor....may you be the hero that craps on the ceiling!
Chiefscards
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers