Super Keeper League - 3 Teams Left - $30 Roto 3rd year!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Super Keeper League - 3 Teams Left - $30 Roto 3rd year!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Super Keeper League - 3 Teams Left - $30 Roto 3rd year!!

Postby EdinNYC » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:40 am

This is an active league with 16 teams. It is a Rotisserie league with 5X5 scoring with OBP rather than batting average. The charge is $30 (including Yahoo plus fees) and all extra money is returned as prizes. Please see below for complete details and a list of the available teams. If interested, please PM me or write me at caminante0@verizon.net

Super Keeper League Rulebook

Teams: 16 teams

Contributions: This year $30 (includes Yahoo Plus costs).

Prizes TBD – below are last season’s numbers (all money contributed minus Yahoo Plus minus any Paypal fees):

First Place $150
Second Place $67
Third Place: $45
Best Second Half Team Out of Top 3: $45 – ranked by biggest second half gain in points

Scoring Type: Rotisserie

Stat Categories: Standard 5 X 5 with OBP substituted for AVG (R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)

Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN DL, DL, DL, DL

Change: Added two SP slots, subtracted one BN slots

Keeper Rules:

Ten keepers per team.

Four year limit on keepers

Players can receive a four year guaranteed contract according to the following rules.
If more than 48 players of Yahoo’s top 100 players on March 15 are available in the draft, players in the first 3 rounds receive guaranteed contracts.
If between 32 and 47 players of Yahoo’s top 100 are available in the draft, players in the first 2 rounds receive guaranteed contracts.
If between 16 and 31 players of Yahoo’s top 100 are available in the draft, players drafted in the first round receive guaranteed contracts.
If less than 16 of Yahoo’s top 100 are available in the draft, then no guaranteed contracts are awarded.
There is a maximum of 6 total guaranteed rounds for the league at one time (so you will always have the opportunity to have four keepers not drafted with guaranteed contracts – assuming you have not traded for more players with guaranteed contracts)
If players with guaranteed contacts released, the owner loses a keeper for the duration of the contract. These players can be traded, but the contract is still guaranteed for the next team
When can a guaranteed contract end early?
-- when a player officially retires
-- when a player dies
-- when a player is not present in Yahoo on March 1
In case of retirement or a player not being present in Yahoo, the owner needs to let the commissioner know.

A players four year clock resets when he is a) drafted or b) released and picked up by another team. It does not reset if he is a) released and picked up by the same team (even later that year) or b) traded. If you pick up a player that needs his clock reset, you need to notify the Commissioner before the end of the season.

Other Rules:

The waiver order will be reordered to match the opposite of the current standings at the end of each month. This will steer new young talent towards the weaker teams.

The waiver order will be reordered to match the opposite of the previous year's standings following each subsequent draft.

Trading of draft picks is not allowed.

Trades may not include any arrangements that go beyond the players exchanged.

The only time offseason trades can happen is after keepers have been submitted. Any such trades must involve the same number of players changing hands and will be voted on by the league.

There is a 2 day trade waiting period for all trades. The Commisioner will not speed up any trade approvals. Trades will not be rejected unless there is collusion or wide disagreement by the league.

Intentional losing is not permitted. A team must maintain a viable roster and must make a reasonable effort to activate the best players possible. Commissioner can impose penalties for this behavior that may include loss of keepers and potential removal from the league following the season.
Last edited by EdinNYC on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.
EdinNYC
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Super Keeper League - 16 teams - second year!!

Postby EdinNYC » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:51 pm

Hi, there are 5 spots left, though returning players may still claim some of them. Please let me know if interested. I will post the contents of the available teams this weekend if we still do not have some owners by then.

Thanks,
Ed
EdinNYC
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Super Keeper League - 4 teams left of 16 - second year!!

Postby EdinNYC » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:27 am

Here are synopsis of the 6 teams available. Keep in mind this is a 16 team league. Email me or reply here and I will send full information:

Below are the available teams. Keep in mind this is a 16 team league. We will ask new owners to rank the teams and then have a drawing who gets first pick etc. Most teams were in the middle of the league last year as the bottom four teams all have returned.

Team 1:
Guaranteed Keepers: Travis Hafner, Ryan Zimmerman
Other top players: Joba Chamberlain, Jeff Francoeur, Nick Markakis, Carlos Pena

Team 2: Guaranteed Keepers: Vlad Guerrero, Grady Sizemore, Carlos Zambrano
Other top players: Adrian Beltre, Tim Hudson, Francisco Liriaino, Brandon Webb

Team 3: Guaranteed Keepers: Lance Berkman, Roy Oswalt, Manny Ramirez
Other top players: Homer Bailey, Yovani Gallardo, Brad Hawpe, Evan Longoria

Team 4: Guaranteed Keepers: Chris Carpenter, Albert Pujols, Aramis Ramirez
Other top players: Bob Abreu, Jhonny Peralta, BJ Ryan, Ichiro Suzuki, Justin Verlander

Team 5: Guaranteed Keepers: Carl Crawford, Jon Papelbon, Francisco Rodriguez
Other top players: Fausto Carmona, Andy Laroche, Edgar Renteria, Chone Figgins

Team 6: Guaranteed Keepers: Robinson Cano, David Ortiz, Jimmy Rollins
Other top players: Francisco Cordero, Curtis Granderson, Barry Zito, Bobby Jenks
EdinNYC
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Super Keeper League - League Full - $30 Roto 2nd year!!

Postby EdinNYC » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:58 pm

The league is full right now and will remain that way unless one of the current owners does not work out. I will still place one or two people on a waiting list just in case.

Thank you everyone. I received two new owners after this posting though I'm not sure if they saw it here.

I thought we had all 16 owners accounted for, but one of the new owners has dropped out, leaving one slot left. We have put the lottery to assign teams to new owners off until we could find one more owner. Please email me or PM here if interested in the last slot. This is a fun keeper league and I plan to keep it going for many years.
EdinNYC
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Super Keeper League - 1 Team Left - $30 Roto 2nd year!!

Postby EdinNYC » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:35 pm

We have one slot left in the league. Please take a look at the details above and let me know if interested. I can be reached by email to caminante0@verizon.net
EdinNYC
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Super Keeper League - 1 Team Left - $30 Roto 2nd year!!

Postby EdinNYC » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:41 pm

We still have an opening for one more owner. Don't miss your chance to join a great keeper league that will be around for a long time.!
EdinNYC
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Super Keeper League - 3 Teams Left - $30 Roto 3rd year!!

Postby EdinNYC » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:17 pm

Hi this league is in its third year and we have 13 of 16 teams returning. Please see above for the rules. There are three teams available.

Email me at caminante0@verizon.net for complete info.

Draft is tentatively scheduled for Wed Mar 25 9:15pm EDT
EdinNYC
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Classifieds