Commish problems - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Commish problems

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Commish problems

Postby guest » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:20 pm

How would you respond if you were in a new auction league with a commissioner who seems to have lost interest before the season has even started?

The commish won't respond to either the large or the small problems that have come up at the close of the auction, has done little to clarify the league rules, and hardly participates on the league board anymore. We have a good group of players who are a little bewildered at the course of events.

By the way...the commish is a Cafe regular with well over 2,000 posts, and he advertised his league on the Cafe.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby drunkenmonkey » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:45 pm

Sounds like maybe he has a little too much on his plate. I would definitely bring it too his attention and consider that his only warning. If the majority of the league continues to be unhappy, take a vote and appoint another commissioner.

One bad owner can definitely reduce the fun of a league, but a bad commissioner is inexcusable.
It's time to roll the dice.
drunkenmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:16 pm

drunkenmonkey wrote:Sounds like maybe he has a little too much on his plate. I would definitely bring it too his attention and consider that his only warning. If the majority of the league continues to be unhappy, take a vote and appoint another commissioner.

Well, the commish has enough free time to have made at least 25 posts to the Cafe since his last post to the league forum. As I said, he seems totally uninterested in handling league business, which is strange because he seems like a decent guy. We're given him the benefit of the doubt for several weeks now, but there ARE some league issues now to take care of.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Chiefscards » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:31 am

Had a simular problem with a keeper commish last season. We voted him out of office at the end of the year and gave it to someone that was willing to take the time to handle league issues.
Any fool can piss on the floor....may you be the hero that craps on the ceiling!
Chiefscards
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Arlo » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:15 am

Well, it takes less time to make a quick post here than to deal with league rules issues. Tried sending an email to ask whether there are any real life issues that are eating up your commish's time?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby trevisc » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:59 am

communication is the Key. Send him a Private Message here at the cafe since he's more active here. Maybe he can't remember his password for email or something crazy like that. If he's just a lazy bum then defect and start your own league. I did that 2 years ago because the Commish kept denying my trades to go through with no reason but all his went through. I got tired of it and started my own league and took several managers with me.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby tlef316 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:03 pm

i hate when a commish messes up a good league. i have this commish who is really bugging me lately. he is trying to get me to trade him todd helton, but he refuses to offer me fair value. his views on carlos beltran are also disturbing. :-b
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby trevisc » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:04 pm

tlef316 wrote:i hate when a commish messes up a good league. i have thiis commish who is really bugging me lately. he is trying to get me to trade him todd helton, but he refuses to offer me fair value. his views on carlos beltran are also disturbing.

Hey now Travis! i've laid off the Helton+Beltran for Vlad offer!

hahaha..
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DK » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:25 pm

You know, instead of talking to the Cafe' about it, why don't you confront the commissioner? Give him a chance to explain his reasoning? I'm sure that the commissioner in question wouldn't mind being talked to about it, instead of an attempt for people to talk about him behind his back and yet fail.

I'm also sure that the commissioner in question is trying to do the behind-the-scenes work, while contemplating what your league will eventually decide on. If there is a group of you that think that he is incapable, I would ask them to walk a mile in his shoes.

All of these problems that have come up, this commissioner will probably get them by the end of the week.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby trevisc » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:34 pm

DK wrote:You know, instead of talking to the Cafe' about it, why don't you confront the commissioner? Give him a chance to explain his reasoning? I'm sure that the commissioner in question wouldn't mind being talked to about it, instead of an attempt for people to talk about him behind his back and yet fail.

I'm also sure that the commissioner in question is trying to do the behind-the-scenes work, while contemplating what your league will eventually decide on. If there is a group of you that think that he is incapable, I would ask them to walk a mile in his shoes.

All of these problems that have come up, this commissioner will probably get them by the end of the week.

hmm..sounds like you know this commishioner pretty well DK

;-D

Being a commish is a LOT of work if you do it right. That's for sure!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers