Keeper League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Keeper League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper League

Postby amwredsox » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:50 pm

Does anyone know a website for a good free head to head keeper league?
amwredsox
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper League

Postby BAdams21 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:25 pm

why dont you just view this forum for threads, in the past 3 days ive seen at least 6 of these leagues
BAdams21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby amwredsox » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:41 am

Maybe some of mf friends and I want to get our own league going not join one already created
amwredsox
T-Ball Trainer

Postby brownie65 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:26 am

Personally I like Yahoo leagues the best. I have been in the same keeper league there since 2003. I just like the way Yahoo is set up.
brownie65
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bb2nite » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:32 am

If your looking for this to be a keeper league, then CBS is the best way to go, but if you want this to be a free league, then ESPN now offers a Keeper setup and it will be launching on Monday Feb. 11th. Yahoo is ok simply because it is free, but they offer you nothing in the way of customizing your league and you can not set it up as a keeper league and no tools are in place for a Prospect roster. I personally am not a big fan of Yahoo, but I do have a couple leagues I am in on Yahoo.
bb2nite
College Coach
College Coach

Postby brownie65 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:32 am

I have been in a keeper on Yahoo since 2003. Basketball, baseball & football. The commish that runs it does a great job. He puts our keepers in every year before we draft. Don't see how you say Yahoo doesn't run keeper leagues. They have tons of them. I like the layout at Yahoo better than CBS. ESPN is ok. I have played mainly at Yahoo & am used to it. That is probably why I favor it over the others. Years ago played at Sandbox, back when it was free, really liked it. I don't even know if that site is still around. Will have to search for it later. There are several good sites, just have to go with what you like. I used to play CBS quite a bit. I just don't like the way they lay out their pages & leagues.
brownie65
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bb2nite » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:48 am

brownie65 wrote:I have been in a keeper on Yahoo since 2003. Basketball, baseball & football. The commish that runs it does a great job. He puts our keepers in every year before we draft. Don't see how you say Yahoo doesn't run keeper leagues. They have tons of them. I like the layout at Yahoo better than CBS. ESPN is ok. I have played mainly at Yahoo & am used to it. That is probably why I favor it over the others. Years ago played at Sandbox, back when it was free, really liked it. I don't even know if that site is still around. Will have to search for it later. There are several good sites, just have to go with what you like. I used to play CBS quite a bit. I just don't like the way they lay out their pages & leagues.

You never could put the keepers in for a Live draft. Each league member would either have to pre-rank their keepers as their fist picks in case they didn't show up for the live draft or would have to exclude each other managers keepers from being in their rankings by putting those players at the bottom of their rankings so there was no possible way someone elses keepers would be drafted if you did not show up for the draft. They DO NOT offer any tools to use as a keeper league from season to season, you need to start and setup a whole new league each year. Where as with CBS they have all the tools in place to use the site during the offseason for trades and such and the Commish can put in each teams keepers and those players will not be in the draft player database. ESPN now offers a version of a keeper league that you can continue and use from one season to the next. The ONLY way your commish could have done that with yahoo was if you do a slow online draft and he puts each teams players on their teams.

Yahoo is in no way set up for a keeper league and unless the Commish is there every single day there is always issues
bb2nite
College Coach
College Coach

Postby brownie65 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:12 am

Our commish puts our keepers on our team to start. Then , of course, we go by draft order,& palce our picks on the message board of the league site. We choose that player & of course he gets added to our team. When the commish initially puts our keepers on our team they are no longer available for anyone else. I understand what you are saying that you can't keep the same league every year. Yes you have to re-enter things. It is no big deal to do though. It is very easy to do & everything goes very well. The biggest problem some have is with some guys taking to long to pick. You are gave 12 hours to make your pick, if you don't , the next guy can make his. The guy missed can make his whenever he shows up. To me it really isn't a problem because there is plenty of time. It usually takes us a couple of weeks to complete the draft the way we do it. You could get everyone together & do a offline draft or set it up for alive draft, with keepers already entered & get it done in a couple of hours. I understand what you are saying, what I am saying is that you can run keeper leagues on Yahoo with minimal work. I think they will eventually have something like what you are talking about but in the meantime I am happy with it the way we do it.
brownie65
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bb2nite » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:20 am

brownie65 wrote:Our commish puts our keepers on our team to start. Then , of course, we go by draft order,& palce our picks on the message board of the league site. We choose that player & of course he gets added to our team. When the commish initially puts our keepers on our team they are no longer available for anyone else. I understand what you are saying that you can't keep the same league every year. Yes you have to re-enter things. It is no big deal to do though. It is very easy to do & everything goes very well. The biggest problem some have is with some guys taking to long to pick. You are gave 12 hours to make your pick, if you don't , the next guy can make his. The guy missed can make his whenever he shows up. To me it really isn't a problem because there is plenty of time. It usually takes us a couple of weeks to complete the draft the way we do it. You could get everyone together & do a offline draft or set it up for alive draft, with keepers already entered & get it done in a couple of hours. I understand what you are saying, what I am saying is that you can run keeper leagues on Yahoo with minimal work. I think they will eventually have something like what you are talking about but in the meantime I am happy with it the way we do it.

I understand what your saying, I said the same thing. You have to do a slow online draft where the commish imputs your players to use Yahoo. But if they want to do a live draft next year, they can't do it the way you descibed. Yahoo just is not set up for that and honestly, this years version I do not believe allows for the Commisssioner to even do that. I think you have to buy Fantasy Baseball Plus. They are making anything you want to do in the way of extablishing keepers or any customizing of your league a pay option. I don't think he will be able to imput your keepers this year.
bb2nite
College Coach
College Coach

Postby brownie65 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:42 pm

he has already put our keepers on our team. Yes , we could do a live draft if we wanted. When it is your pick, you just add the player you want & he is automatically put on your team. His name is removed from the available players list after being picked. Would have to get everyone there & do it over the message board. It would not be in a regular yahoo draft room. I don't know if it is possible to do thru a Yahoo draft room after our keepers have been put on our teams. We have never tried it. Probably because the commish checked into it & it isn't possible, I don't know. We do have a very good commish for our league. He puts alot of time into the leagues we play.
brownie65
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Classifieds