Which player should have a tremendous 2nd year ala fielder? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Which player should have a tremendous 2nd year ala fielder?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which player should have a tremendous 2nd year ala fielder?

Postby J.C.Fighter » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:14 pm

I'm not necessarily talking about a guy that can hit 50 homeruns...
hmmm
Hunter Pence/ James Loney comes to mind...
Last edited by J.C.Fighter on Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1620
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which player should have a tremendous 2nd year ala fielder?

Postby MTUCache » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:21 pm

Ryan Braun comes to mind... Upton is iffy, but a good bet.

What other impact rookies are we looking at?
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1284
Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which player should have a tremendous 2nd year ala fielder?

Postby ImTheScientist » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:23 pm

James Loney
ImTheScientist
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 64
Joined: 8 Feb 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which player should have a tremendous 2nd year ala fielder?

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:40 pm

At the risk of H0rt hunting me down on my self-back-patting, I posted this last year about Fielder :-D :
fielder discussion

I don't think anyone will replicate Fielder's performance from out of nowhere. Pena is really the type of guy you want. Someone who really breaks out in the power department. So you have to look for a guy who has shown plenty of power in his MiLB days.

I guess someone like Mark Reynolds? Wily Mo, Burrell, Kouzmanoff, Hawpe also have a lot of power. Surprisingly, this list has Weeks hitting some of the longest HRs in 2007. Looking more and more like the sleeper pick of the year:

http://www.hittrackeronline.com/top_sta ... stance.php
Last edited by Yoda on Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Which player should have a tremendous 2nd year ala fielder?

Postby Field » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:42 pm

Hit 50 homeruns? - no one.

Delmon Young could have a very nice year.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 2549
Joined: 4 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: NH

Re: Which player should have a tremendous 2nd year ala fielder?

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:48 pm

Here is the list of AVG HR distances:
http://www.hittrackeronline.com/golden_sledgehammer.php

Duncan is no surprise. Thames, Hart, Agon, Fields, Hamilton, Hermida all seem like pretty good names to target. Upton is a surprise as well as Khalil Greene and Buck.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Which player should have a tremendous 2nd year ala fielder?

Postby ImTheScientist » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:57 pm

Yoda wrote:Here is the list of AVG HR distances:
http://www.hittrackeronline.com/golden_sledgehammer.php

Duncan is no surprise. Thames, Hart, Agon, Fields, Hamilton, Hermida all seem like pretty good names to target. Upton is a surprise as well as Khalil Greene and Buck.


Not to get off topic but....WOW Fielder is impressive.
ImTheScientist
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 64
Joined: 8 Feb 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which player should have a tremendous 2nd year ala fielder?

Postby Dan Charette » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:04 pm

No impact like Fielder, but I think Alex Gordon will improve a lot this year.
Dan Charette
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1026
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Drummonds Tennessee

Re: Which player should have a tremendous 2nd year ala fielder?

Postby MTUCache » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:05 pm

ImTheScientist wrote:
Yoda wrote:Here is the list of AVG HR distances:
http://www.hittrackeronline.com/golden_sledgehammer.php

Duncan is no surprise. Thames, Hart, Agon, Fields, Hamilton, Hermida all seem like pretty good names to target. Upton is a surprise as well as Khalil Greene and Buck.


Not to get off topic but....WOW Fielder is impressive.


Cecil used to bring him into BP back when he was on the Tigers, and the stud was rocking bombs out of Tiger Stadium back in '95-'96. When he was 12 or 13!!!!

Natural Born Killer.
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1284
Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which player should have a tremendous 2nd year ala fielder?

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:11 pm

MTUCache wrote:
ImTheScientist wrote:
Yoda wrote:Here is the list of AVG HR distances:
http://www.hittrackeronline.com/golden_sledgehammer.php

Duncan is no surprise. Thames, Hart, Agon, Fields, Hamilton, Hermida all seem like pretty good names to target. Upton is a surprise as well as Khalil Greene and Buck.


Not to get off topic but....WOW Fielder is impressive.


Cecil used to bring him into BP back when he was on the Tigers, and the stud was rocking bombs out of Tiger Stadium back in '95-'96. When he was 12 or 13!!!!

Natural Born Killer.


Absolute beast. He has 60-70 HR/yr in him.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp and 15 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact