Is Soriano going to have a better year than A-Rod? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Soriano going to have a better year than A-Rod?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:48 pm

I think people are getting too caught up in the stats right now. Is Alex Rodriguez one of the best power hitters in the league? I think so. I dont see him moving to yankee stadium affecting him THAT much in the way of home runs! Alex Rodriguez does not hit jacks that clear a fence by an inch or two in Arlington. This guy has power to all fields. If we were talking about most other players, then yeah maybe we can bring the stadium into it, but hell....this is one of the best hitters in the game today.

Did you see him go the other way into right centre field in Detroit in 2003 in the top in the 16th inning? That alley is death valley for lefties, and a-rod cleared it easily.

Im sorry but i dont think that a-rod moving to yankee stadium is gonna reduce his number of home runs. He is too good of a hitter. If you dont believe me that he hits with power in all directions, look for yourself.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats ... statType=1

Have a look at when a-rod has played at yankee stadium even! he has hit just as many jacks the other way, as he has pull.

Alex Rodriguez will stay consistant with HR's, and average, and will obviously increase average and runs.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GSes » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:51 pm

BGbootha wrote:
GSes wrote:
But I still don't think he will have a better year then arod. I mean thats why the Yankee's traded Sori for Arod.

I think Arods real life baseball value is much greater than Sori's, but it becomes a different game when you start talking about Fantasy. You get no extra points for winning a championship. Look at Ichiro, the game is pure gold to a real baseball owner. But sadly doesn't have much a fantasy value.

Ya I know that and its very true. Bonds in SF is another good example. But in sheer power numbers I still expect Arod to outperform Soriano. If Soriano goes 40/40 in Texas or better 8-o while having 2B and OF eligibility in Fantasy Baseball then he could end up the more valued fantasy player.

Last season he started out on fire and was ahead of ARod for quite a while.

Soriano has great potential and George has wanted to get rid of him since he got to the Bronx. Sori was 1 HR shy of 40/40 at 23 that says it all.

Hopefully Texas keeps Sori at 2B. ;-D
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GSes » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:52 pm

RynMan wrote:I think people are getting too caught up in the stats right now. Is Alex Rodriguez one of the best power hitters in the league? I think so. I dont see him moving to yankee stadium affecting him THAT much in the way of home runs! Alex Rodriguez does not hit jacks that clear a fence by an inch or two in Arlington. This guy has power to all fields. If we were talking about most other players, then yeah maybe we can bring the stadium into it, but hell....this is one of the best hitters in the game today.

Did you see him go the other way into right centre field in Detroit in 2003 in the top in the 16th inning? That alley is death valley for lefties, and a-rod cleared it easily.

Im sorry but i dont think that a-rod moving to yankee stadium is gonna reduce his number of home runs. He is too good of a hitter. If you dont believe me that he hits with power in all directions, look for yourself.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats ... statType=1

Have a look at when a-rod has played at yankee stadium even! he has hit just as many jacks the other way, as he has pull.

Alex Rodriguez will stay consistant with HR's, and average, and will obviously increase average and runs.

EXACTLY ;-D .....I said the same thing about Sheffield moving to NY. ARod and Sheffield are SO GOOD it dosen't matter where they play they will still be great. "Special players" in their own category.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:56 pm

GSes wrote:
EXACTLY ;-D .....I said the same thing about Sheffield moving to NY. ARod and Sheffield are SO GOOD it dosen't matter where they play they will still be great. "Special players" in their own category.

(A's blood!) ;-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby GSes » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:56 pm

yup ;-D
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Freebird27 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:01 pm

I think both will show a slight increase in numbers.I think the supporting cast will boost Arods runs/RBI and Soriano will get a few more dingers..although I am not sure how much Soriano will be allowed to run in Tex. At least we arent worried about whether Soriano will be batting 8th anymore.
Freebird27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:26 pm

In real life, Arod is clearly better. Even if we account for the park plus for AS, and the negative for Arod. Fantasy wise, i think it's close.

Parks effect everybody. Arod will still produce, but i think his 50 hr seasons are over. His team dependent stats (runs/rbis) likely go up.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:31 pm

HOOTIE wrote:In real life, Arod is clearly better. Even if we account for the park plus for AS, and the negative for Arod. Fantasy wise, i think it's close.

Parks effect everybody. Arod will still produce, but i think his 50 hr seasons are over. His team dependent stats (runs/rbis) likely go up.

thats what i'm counting on
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:34 pm

HOOTIE wrote:Parks effect everybody. Arod will still produce, but i think his 50 hr seasons are over. His team dependent stats (runs/rbis) likely go up.

i guess this is where we disagree. A-Rod still hasnt hit his peak yet....and he has already hit 50 HR's. He can hit 50 HR's in yankee stadium because he is that good a hitter.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ramble2 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:39 pm

Soriano's HRs should move up, but his SB attempts are likely to go way down if he doesn't lead off. 40/40 is certainly possible if he leads off and they let him run, but that doesn't sound likely to happen. 40/20 with more RBI chances ain't bad, though. I'd still take A Rod first.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers