Looking To Form A NEW YAHOO KEEPER LEAGUE, read on.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking To Form A NEW YAHOO KEEPER LEAGUE, read on....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby swoosh3esq » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:05 pm

Unfortunately I am going to have to back out. Seems that there are still others listed that could fill a vacant spot. As I am already in a H2H league, I wasl looking for a roto league. I thought about doing this one too, but the more leagues you are in, the more likely it is that you will be rooting for one player in one league, and rooting against that same player in another.
swoosh3esq
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Joe Mauer » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:24 pm

swoosh, thanks for the heads up. Yes, we had interested owners I had to turn away, but I'm sure I can fill your spot. I already contacted the next one on the list. I'll be able to fill your spot. Thanks for letting me know.

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby BGbootha » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:20 pm

League looks like it getting off to great start. Looking forward to a fun season.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pflegging » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:22 am

I'd be interested too.........I'd prefer h2h
pflegging

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby geter » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:43 am

hey, for all the guys that wanted a free roto keeper league - someone form it and i'll join
geter
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Joe Mauer » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:55 pm

The League has been open over a day now and we have had 11 teams of the 16 join thus far. Much is getting discussed so if you were an invited team and have not joined yet, please do so asap as the message board now has over 30 messages waiting for you to read....ok....many of them are other's peoples votes on things which you don't have to read if you don't want to....but you should read all from my team. I know it's just been over a day, but we need to get this thing rolling on all cylinders soon. I will send out another round of invites to the owners that have not signed up yet. If you no longer intend on joining, please let me know. If you are an invited team, but fail to join the league by Friday at 4:30 P.M. CST then you risk losing your spot in the league to someone else. If you have signed up, but signed up with a different email address than I am familiar with, and I contacted you to join but you are already there let me know. Thanks.

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby Joe Mauer » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:04 pm

Three spots remain open in our league. You may join the league, but there are some things you should know first. After reading this if you are still very interested in joining, please contact me at the email address listed at the end of this post and I will reply to any questions and include the league signup info if desired.

You must know the following before you join if you want to join, and if you invite a friend to the league you must have let him know the following before giving him the league signup info. (If you already have the league signup info):

A. It will be a 16 team league.

B. It will be head-2-head format.

C. Everything is decided by a league vote and a majority vote on something (or a simple majority in some cases) will decided what the league does. This is done issue by issue. Thus, you probably won't get everything your way, but at least you have a vote. Also, many have already voted and some categories have been closed to voting because a majority or simple majority has already been met. So, you really need not vote on those categories. But, you should read all posts from the St. Paul Sluggers (me, the comish) and you have the right to vote on things that have not been decided in stone yet. However, if you only wish to vote on a few things then that is up to you, but please state as such so I and the league knows you are not voting on any of the other issues and that you'll go with whatever the league decides. Be forewarned, that there are a lot of posts already.

D. Only join if you will committ at trying your best all season long to win each week no matter how good or bad your team is. We only want active and dedicated owners.

E. The draft will begin after all league issues have been voted on and decided. I anticipate us beginning drafting before Feb. 30th, hopefully much sooner than that. The draft will take place on the league website message board so you will have to commit yourself to checking that page often.

E. At this point it's first come, first served. Once those 3 spots fill up then the league is full. So join up asap and vote on things right away so we can get the draft going.

Ok, I think that's it. Good to have you if you get in!

Thanks,
Joe Mauer (St. Paul Sluggers team owner and league commish).

Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Joe Mauer » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:07 pm

WHOOPS!

Forgot to list my email addy.

mailto:pruchastars@yahoo.com

I'll be checking it a lot tonight!

Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Joe Mauer » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:44 am

****SHAMELESS BUMP****

Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Classifieds