Looking To Form A NEW YAHOO KEEPER LEAGUE, read on.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking To Form A NEW YAHOO KEEPER LEAGUE, read on....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking To Form A NEW YAHOO KEEPER LEAGUE, read on....

Postby Joe Mauer » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:28 pm

Hi,

As long as there is enough interest, I am going to form a new keeper league on Yahoo. The goal would be to get 12 to 16 active owners, with everyone knowing and understanding that I, as the commish, will post some questions to the group to vote on how the league will be set up for this season and future seasons. Things like will it be roto, fantasy point or head-2-head? How many starters at each position? Team size? How many keepers? Trade deadline, etc. Basically all the main things. This would take place through email right after Yahoo opens it's doors for league signup and those interested have joined. Then I would send emails out to everyone with questions on these issues. I would compile everyone's thoughts and come up with a league structure that most closely reflects the majority's views on each seperate issue and let everyone know through email what the league structure will be. At that point I would also randomly (by picking team names from out of a hat) determine the draft order, a snaking draft and would start a draft email to send to everyone in the league after each pick.

I joined a league that did this last year and it worked out rather smoothly and I liked the slow email draft. It wasn't too slow as people kept up on it (i.e. checked their email multiple times a day) and we were done well before the regular season started. This also gives people time to mull over their draft strategy as the draft moves on at a slower rate than any other "live" draft.

Is there any interest? Let me know. But PLEASE only show interest if you know that you will be an active owner, this year and years to come.

Please show your interest here (so others see this and may be more likely to join our group) and email me at the listed email address below and I'll add you to the list of people to contact once Yahoo opens up and I set up this league and begin the league set up process through email. Please include your nickname on here so I know who you are and also what you want your team name to be.

I also send an open invite out to any moderators to join. That would be cool! But anyone can join as long as they agree to the above. I don't care if they have just one post here (as a member).

mailto:pruchastars@yahoo.com

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby Joe Mauer » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:44 pm

I forgot to say that it would be FREE. ;-D ;-D ;-D

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby Elf » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:05 pm

Well, counting this post, I'll have 2, so I guess I qualify. :-D

I think that it may work a little better if instead of e-mailing, we use the Yahoo league message board instead (not the big public one, but the individual one inside of the league). That way everyone will know how people feel about certain issues and it may be a little bit easier to compromise. Plus it would be easier for other owners to pick up on good ideas someone else had. I know that you can change settings after creating the league, so that won't be a problem, plus posting on the message board allows others to see who was picked and make it easier to keep track and not have anyone lie about who they picked.
**Insert Good Sig Here**
Elf
College Coach
College Coach

Pick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Joe Mauer » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:29 pm

ELF:

Those are fine with me. Email, yahoo league message board. Whatever the majority is for I'm for. The only reason I suggested email for the actual drafting is that people seem to check that more a day than the league message board. But either works for me, as long as everyone checks it often.

I guess if people have a preference, please rank in order which you would most like to have....Head 2 head, roto, fantasy points and any that you would NOT want to participate in. I think that'll be the biggest main sticking point. Again, we'll go the wat the majority votes.

Mine is:
1. H2H
2. Roto
3. Fantasy Points

I'll play all three, but I really really like the H2H leagues. ;-D

Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BGbootha » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:40 pm

Hey looks great to me. I like the idea of getting a say into what is going on in the league. Let me know what you need from me to get in on this.

mailto:rbootha@hotmail.com / mailto:ryan.booth@cingular.com

*I can't check my hotmail account from work. And I can't check my work email from home. Nice little dilema there. But hit me up on here if you need someting else.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Joe Mauer » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:52 pm

Yeah, I think having everything open to voting is the most fair, that way everyone knows at least they got to voice their opinion. Do you not care if the league is H2H, roto or Fantasy Pt? If it matters post your priority order of these and any you really wouldn't want to play.

Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BGbootha » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:54 pm

H2H
Roto

Points (i have never done a points based league)
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Elf » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:07 pm

Just so everyone else knows my preferences:

1.) H2H
2.) Roto

3.) Points

(Seems to be the theme around here.)
**Insert Good Sig Here**
Elf
College Coach
College Coach

Pick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mrbugsy » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:23 am

sonuds good to me also. Would like to join. Prefer h2h then roto. Never played point system before. Email me at mailto:bugsy@sflu.com
mrbugsy

Friendliness: %

Postby The Great Gambini » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:39 am

mailto:gambiwings24@wowway.com

1. H2H

2. Roto
3. Fantasy Pts
(Made by the brilliant MZimm)
The Great Gambini
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor