How to implement FAAB in league/ - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

How to implement FAAB in league/

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How to implement FAAB in league/

Postby Subversive » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:26 pm

Hi I run a 12 team mixed keeper league. 7 keepers per year, salaries escalate every year for keepers, that sort of thing. We're entering our 6th season this year and I was thinking I would like to run the idea of a FAAB by my owners. Instead of having everyone watching the wire like hawks all week, I'd rather bring it down to smart use of funds during the season. I'm wondering how I could go about implementing this, since I also run a team in the league, so I couldn't have bids sent to me.

Is there a way that anyone has done it that doesn't require paying for a premium hosting package? We typically pay for the auction service at fantasyauctioneer.com and host our league for free at Yahoo, so we don't really want to shell out for a league manager that costs money too.

Any suggestions on how this could be implemented in a fair way would be welcomed. Thanks.
Bah, humbug.
Subversive
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How to implement FAAB in league/

Postby Matthias » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:53 pm

Well, FWIW, FantasyAuctioneer is $45. Sportsline is only $80 right now... $130 and you get a $50 new league rebate right now through referrals. And you get a free auction through the Sportsline/FantasyAuctioneer partnership. So it's only $35 more than just the FantasyAuctioneer itself and you get the FAAB.

There's tons of Cafe members that will be happy to give you a referral (they get $50 themselves for the referral as well).

If you wanted to stay on your current system, I'd just set up a FAAB email account. People email their bids to that and then you, or whoever, checks them at the end of the week and announces the winners. You could get all conspiracy theory on it... "how do we know you're not checking ahead of time" but frankly, if you're at that level of eroded trust, then what's the point.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Re: How to implement FAAB in league/

Postby Subversive » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:21 am

Matthias wrote:Well, FWIW, FantasyAuctioneer is $45. Sportsline is only $80 right now... $130 and you get a $50 new league rebate right now through referrals. And you get a free auction through the Sportsline/FantasyAuctioneer partnership. So it's only $35 more than just the FantasyAuctioneer itself and you get the FAAB.

There's tons of Cafe members that will be happy to give you a referral (they get $50 themselves for the referral as well).

If you wanted to stay on your current system, I'd just set up a FAAB email account. People email their bids to that and then you, or whoever, checks them at the end of the week and announces the winners. You could get all conspiracy theory on it... "how do we know you're not checking ahead of time" but frankly, if you're at that level of eroded trust, then what's the point.

Cool, good ideas. I'll look into CBS. Most of our owners are pretty cheap, so we typically only pay a $30 entry fee. Taking $80 out of it (fantasy auctioneer was only $30 last year, went up this year) is a pretty big chunk. If I could convince everyone to throw in $50 it would make more sense.
Bah, humbug.
Subversive
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Commissioner's Corner