Nathan and Izzy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nathan and Izzy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nathan and Izzy

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:41 pm

I'm not sure if this was brought up yet but how do you guys feel about Nathan and Izzy. I don't think either has a chance to lose their jobs with their current team barring injury but both seem like prime canidates to be traded before the season is over. Anyone knocking them down a few spots in the their rankings because of this or am I over thinking this?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Nathan and Izzy

Postby jake_harv88 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:44 pm

If I were going to knock one of them I would knock Izzy. If he gets traded he could easily become a setup man. Otherwise I think he is locked into his role as closer for STL. Nathan might get a boost in value if he gets traded to a better team. I dont see how you could make him a setup man...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Ender » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:47 pm

I don't think a team trades for Nathan unless they want him to close. I don't like Izzy in general, coming off a good year but a big injury risk so he is going a bit too high for me.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby JimmyBaseball » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:42 pm

I suspect that the Cardinals approached Izzy about a trade last year. I think he let them know that he won't be waiving the no-trade clause. I would think he would have to go first if this team is entering a mini-rebuilding mode. As a Cardinal fan, I like Izzy but recognize we could probably get a nice prospect for him from a contending team.
"When I knocked a guy down, there was no second part to the story."

~Bob Gibson
JimmyBaseball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J35J » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:56 pm

Ender wrote:I don't think a team trades for Nathan unless they want him to close. I don't like Izzy in general, coming off a good year but a big injury risk so he is going a bit too high for me.

Yup, agreed.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:23 pm

izzy has a NTC. he isnt going to waive it to be a setup man.

I don't like Izzy in general, coming off a good year but a big injury risk so he is going a bit too high for me.

what exactly is the risk? he has been very reliable over the years. he has failed to hit 50IP only once since becoming a full time reliever.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:32 pm

Izzy has a regenerative condition on his hip I believe and had two surgeries in recent years. However, when healthy he is money. But coupled with his hip condition and his age, I think his stock may fall this year. I'd talk up those things to other people and then try to steal him late since he is very reliable when on the mound.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers