Interview with BJ Upton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Interview with BJ Upton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Interview with BJ Upton

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:26 am

Matt: Last season, you really broke through offensively at the MLB level as you were always expected to. One concern was your high strikeout rate (32.5%), is this something you will be looking to improve on in 2008? Is there anything you have done in the offseason to try and work on this?

[b]B.J.:[/b] I mean you definitely want to improve on it. I definitely don’t want to strike out that many times. You know I think, if I have the same exact season that I had last year and the strikeouts are still there, then I think its just something that I am gonna have to work with. But you definitely want to improve on it, and I just gotta swing the bat a little bit more this year, and we will see where that takes me.

DRays Bay | FULL INTERVIEW
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 814)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Interview with BJ Upton

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:37 am

I remember letting him languish in my minor league system in my keeper for 3 years and probably would have dropped him if I didn't take him #1 overall. I can only imagine how much I would have been crying during the 2007 season if I did that. :-°

Hopefully he can get his strikeouts down and play a full season, his talent is pretty limitless really.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby MTUCache » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:41 am

I can't decide if this guy is going to end up being the #1 2B in the league this year or if he's going to turn into a human windmill.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

Also... mock draft last night, I saw Justin Upton get drafted with the last pick in the 11th round. 8-o
(Of course, Jay Bruce went in the 14th, so it shouldn't come as a surprise. :-D )
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:46 am

I have mixed feelings about him this year. His talent is obvious but there are a lot of questions. I think 15/30 is in the bag and having eligibility at 2B/OF is great but still do not know if he is ready to bust out yet.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers