The Yankees - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Yankees

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Yankees

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:26 pm

this is just disgusting that they can do this, i mean its sickening, and because this is so disgusting they will continue to lose in the world series forever it will be known as the steinbrener curse, and it will show that excesive use of money like this is not the way to win, good farm systems is the true way to win.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby hooligan1 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:29 pm

It's kind of silly to "predict" a curse........Sounds like an unabashed Yankee-hater being bitter to me.
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Re: The Yankees

Postby Red Sox Kick Ass » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:33 pm

Anonymous wrote:this is just disgusting that they can do this, i mean its sickening, and because this is so disgusting they will continue to lose in the world series forever it will be known as the steinbrener curse, and it will show that excesive use of money like this is not the way to win, good farm systems is the true way to win.

i kno it sucks but its the new baseball...you can basically buy the world series... scouting and minor leagues isnt the way anymore talent is all that matters... ill laugh if the yanks lose their first game....ill laugh even harder if arod gets injured and is out for season....its sad that the yanks have 3 players with 100 million dollar contracts
Red Sox Kick Ass
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Brendo » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:33 pm

Anonymous wrote:this is just disgusting that they can do this, i mean its sickening, and because this is so disgusting they will continue to lose in the world series forever it will be known as the steinbrener curse, and it will show that excesive use of money like this is not the way to win, good farm systems is the true way to win.

you mean the way the yankees did in the '90s????

I'm no yankee fan, but they're not breaking any rules.....and i didn't hear anyone complain when the red sox were going to get ARod....what's the difference?
YAHOO! RULES!!!!!
Brendo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TrappedInBristol » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 pm

Who, exactly, made you the arbiter of the "true way to win"? And if you feel so strongly about it, why don't you back it up by registering and logging in before your next garbage post like this? At least that way we'll have the option of not wasting time reading it.
TrappedInBristol
College Coach
College Coach

Postby phatjagz14 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:37 pm

Don't mean to be rude but there has been lengthy threads detailing arguments for or against the Yankees so please don't waste your breath talking about how they ruined baseball. :-D
It's like I've died and gone to heaven......but then they realized that it wasn't my time, so they sent me to a brewery.
phatjagz14
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mr.Cocky! » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:41 pm

Nobody was bitching when the Red Sox almost had A-Rod and Maggs, talk about unfair.
The best there is, was, or ever will be, it's me!
Mr.Cocky!
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mr. October » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:56 pm

Mr.Cocky! wrote:Nobody was bitching when the Red Sox almost had A-Rod and Maggs, talk about unfair.

or the addition of schilling or foulke. The way I see it the red sox have been trying to but their way past the yankees in the division this season with a payroll over 100 million. It's kinda like the pot calling the kettle black. People forget that throughout the last 8-10 years the Yanks have traded away alot of minor league talent. I could provide a length list but most of you know who I'm talking about.
Mr. October
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers