Another top 50 rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Another top 50 rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Another top 50 rankings

Postby CadensDad » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:08 pm

Basic roto rules 12 teams, Go ahead and jump down my throat for my crazy ideas......

1. A-rod
2. HanRam
3. Reyes
4. McCab
5.Wright
6.Pujols
7.Utley
8.Holliday
9.Feilder
10.Howard
11.Santana
12.Soriano
13.Crawford
14.Sizemore
15.rollins
16.Beltran
17.Teixeira
18.Guerrero
19.Upton
20.C.Lee
21.Peavy
22.Ortiz
23.Berkman
24.Granderson
25.Phillips
26.Suzuki
27.V.Martinez
28.ARam
29.Martin
30.Braun
31.Rios
32.Ordonez
33.Manny
34.Webb
35.Dunn
36.Hafner
37.D.lee
38.Jeter
39.Morneau
40.Roberts
41.Bedard
42.McCann
43. Figgins
44.C. Young OF
45.Atkins
46.Markakis
47.Tulo
48.Mauer
49.Pence
50.C.Jones

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Another top 50 rankings

Postby talldarkandnerdy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:18 pm

As always, one person's list tends to vary from the next. I like where you have Rollins, as I think he is being overrated this year. A few things I disagree with are having Pujols at 6, Santana and Peavy being so far apart, Braun after any catcher.
talldarkandnerdy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby CadensDad » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:29 pm

talldarkandnerdy wrote:As always, one person's list tends to vary from the next. I like where you have Rollins, as I think he is being overrated this year. A few things I disagree with are having Pujols at 6, Santana and Peavy being so far apart, Braun after any catcher.

Thanks for the input, Pujols is a scare to me this year b/c of the elbow problem, Santana I think will have a career type of year in the NL and Peavy will still be the 2nd best SP, I'm not sold on Braun and doubt he will live up to the hype

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jcook3127 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:33 pm

There are two words I like to use to the skeptics of Ryan Braun perhaps suffering a sophomore slump: Prince Fielder.

This kid has mashed where-ever he's gone...I'm not saying he's going to hit at the same pace he did last season...but the numbers he put up last season have got to be the absolute zero for him...a floor...And over the course of a full season, I can't imagine him not improving his RBI and Run totals...the average may come down closer to .300...but he's going to steal close to 20 bases as well...I don't think you can go wrong with Braun (I wouldn't take him in the first round)...but mid to late second round the guy should be money
Why don't they just get a house that's already painted?
jcook3127
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BalataGrande » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:36 pm

I think it's a valid list!! Of course we all differ in opinion on some things and not others. I'm reiterating a point here but I would say that Braun definitely should be above ALL catchers. I like Manny up a bit this year as well and I think Vlad is too low but again, those are MY thoughts on YOUR list.... ;-D The only thing I can be really critical of is that Braves logo by your name.....LOL
BalataGrande
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ender » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:41 pm

I'm fine if people don't like a repeat from Braun, heck if he repeats what he did over a full season he'll be a top 3 value so of course he'll regress. I also see no reason to expect Martin or Phillips or arguably Granderson who have only put up 2nd round value for one year to be significantly better than him, they are just as likely to regress as he is. Seems like it has just become trendy to see how far in your list you can drop him.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby rookies and cream » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:02 am

Ender wrote:I'm fine if people don't like a repeat from Braun, heck if he repeats what he did over a full season he'll be a top 3 value so of course he'll regress. I also see no reason to expect Martin or Phillips or arguably Granderson who have only put up 2nd round value for one year to be significantly better than him, they are just as likely to regress as he is. Seems like it has just become trendy to see how far in your list you can drop him.

I was just about to make this excellent point but you beat me to it. Explanation CD?
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Return to Baseball Leftovers