Joe Crede Update? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Joe Crede Update?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Joe Crede Update?

Postby SpringFever » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:01 pm

Is he healthy, is he going to start all year, where does Fields fit in? Any input would be much appreciated.
I love baseball, but not as much as you u see but still I love baseball - always and forever, always and forever.
SpringFever
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Joe Crede Update?

Postby The Big Train » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:33 pm

He resigned with the Sox (one year, 5 million) and has been given clearance to report to spring training and participate in fielding/hitting drills. However, the rumour mill has him replacing Pedro Feliz in San Francisco before the season starts if he shows that he is healthy during spring training. The Giants would apparently send Noah Lowry or Johnathan Sanchez to Chicago. He's a free agent at the end of the season and with Scott Boras as his agent it probably makes sense for the Sox to deal him. I would anticipate that Fields will be the opening day 3B for the Sox barring injury.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Chicago 2 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:42 am

SpringFever wrote:Is he healthy, is he going to start all year, where does Fields fit in? Any input would be much appreciated.

As "Big Train" stated he did resign with the sox.

His situation really is still up in the air.

Between him and Fields, Fields is more talented and if you ask many Sox fans they will agree and want to see Josh starting at third on opening day. Most likely destination for Crede is the Giants, Rowand has been bugging the Giants gm to bring Crede to the team. So if and when he gets traded expect it to be to San Fran, this is just stipulation.

However, I dont think you will see any action on Kenny Williams part to trade Crede until spring training, as of now Crede has little to no value due to his injury. If Crede can prove his back is healthy the Sox could get more out of him in a trade.
Chicago 2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Goose » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:12 pm

The vibes at Sox Fest were that Crede would stick with the team.
Goose
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SpringFever » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:51 pm

Thanks for the input. Basically I take that to mean that I will not be drafting him anytime soon.
I love baseball, but not as much as you u see but still I love baseball - always and forever, always and forever.
SpringFever
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates