Heyward vs Vitters - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Heyward vs Vitters

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Heyward vs Vitters

Postby Philly_05 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:17 pm

Which of these two prospects will reach there lofty expectations first? To me there doesn't seem to be a consensus on this. One batch of rankings has Vitters above Heyward then another has it the other way around. Then they have rankings with just Vitters and no Heyward. What player would you compare them to?
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 632)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Heyward vs Vitters

Postby brewcrewreview.com » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:04 pm

I personally have a feeling Jason Heyward will become an All-Star and the best position player taken in the first round of 07 draft.

I would campare him to an outfield version of Fred McGriff. I predict an average between .280-.300 and 35+ HR power in his prime.

I'm not as high on Josh Vitters. He reminds me of a poor man's Garrett Atkins. I don't think he'll average hitting much more than around .270 with 15+ Hr power in his prime. If he figures it out, he has the upside to hit higher than .300, but I think he'll have average/below avg. power for 3B.
brewcrewreview.com
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DevilDriver » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:18 pm

brewcrewreview.com wrote:I'm not as high on Josh Vitters. He reminds me of a poor man's Garrett Atkins. I don't think he'll average hitting much more than around .270 with 15+ Hr power in his prime. If he figures it out, he has the upside to hit higher than .300, but I think he'll have average/below avg. power for 3B.

A poor man's Garrett Atkins? I think we need to see at least one full season of pro ball before calling him that. He was widely considered the best pure hitter in the draft. He has the potential to be a .300/30/100 hitter in his prime.

That being said, I like Heyward better because he has more HR potential.
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:41 am

I think both will be just fine. They were both highly regarded coming out of high school last year with Vitters being the better overall player where as Heyward has huge power potential. In my 16 team league, I took Heyward, but that was because Vitters was already gone. Needless to say I was very pleased to grab Heyward and probably would have even taken him over Vitters if Vitters had been available.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AEMRICH » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:04 pm

i have a good feeling about Heyward. He is young but his frame is already intact. I believe he will be a regular all-star for years. Atlanta is going to have one of the best OF's in basbeall in a couple year in my opinion. Jordan Schafer, Jeff Francouer, and Jason Heyward. I do believe though i read somewhere there is talk about moving him to 1st base. I like Vitters but i see him more as a .290 hitter with 25HR's a year. Maybe hitting in Wrigley though will help him get to 30
College Tuition: $12,000
Room & Board: $5,600
Books: $500
Food Plan: $2000
Not going to college and living with your parents: Priceless
AEMRICH
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:24 pm

Heyward is considered a better prospect than Vitters, he was the second best high school bat in the draft after Moustakas.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby burntfaceman » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:59 pm

when I look at Jason Heyward I think Dave Winfield
burntfaceman
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Minor League & College Baseball