CBS Roto League on CBS $100 entry 100% payout - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

CBS Roto League on CBS $100 entry 100% payout

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CBS Roto League on CBS $100 entry 100% payout

Postby bb2nite » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:39 pm

Come on Managers, lets fill this league, spend some time getting to know each other and then you can make your final decision if you want to continue to be in the league. I am just looking for others like myself who enjoy competition with others who enjoy the game of Fantasy Baseball. I am a very committed and active manager as well as commissioner. I am very confident you will be glad you decided to join this league.

NO MONEY will be collected until the league fills and you decide the league is a good fit for you

With this Prize structure, it gives everyone an opportunity to win part if not all their entrance fee back during the duration of the season. Even teams not in the running for the overall prize's can still win money by being strong in one or more area's of scoring. This will give managers a reason to continue playing, even when their team does not have a chance at the overall league championship. I hope you take some time to read over the boards on Proboards so you fully understand the league and breakdown of prizes. I look forward to hearing from you soon

NO MONEY COLLECTED UNTIL LEAGUE FILLS

http://cashcats.proboards54.com/index.cgi

ROTO FORMAT
(Daily roster moves)
Keeper League
Money league
Live Draft Start Date: TBD
League Entry Fee
$100.00 (10 Team League)
(Includes CBS League fee)
Payment through PayPal
Major League Universe (NL/AL)
Prospect eligibility - Offensive player - 150 ab's / Pitchers - 50 innings pitched
5 player Prospect Roster - Prospect draft held after the ML draft
5 x 5 scoring
Offense scoring - Runs, HR's, SB, RBI, AVG
Pitching Scoring - Wins - Loses, K's, SV's, ERA, Whip
30 man roster (Including 3 DL spots)
10 Teams
8 Keepers

Type of League
This league is set up as a Roto Format, using AL/NL Universe roster pool. The league will use a 5 x 5 scoring catagory format. The scoring categories will include Offense (R,HR,SB,AVG,RBI) Pitching (W-L,K,S,ERA,WHIP).

Categorie Descriptions

R= Runs scored
HR= Home Runs
SB= Stolen bases
AVG= Batting average
RBI= Run Batted in

WHIP= Walks + Hits Per Inning Pitcher
ERA= Earned run average
S= Saves
K= Strike Out
W- L= Wins minus Loses

Innings Limit
1600 Maximum innings pitched for all pitchers
900 Minimum innings pitched for all pitchers

Games Played Limits

162 Maximum games played for all offensive players except for (OF) position which is 162 x 5 = 810 games played
120 Minimum games played for all offensive players except (C) position which is 100 games played

At Bat Minimum
5200 minimum AB's for all offensive players total (400 AB's per player average)

Player Eligibility
Players are eligible at their primary position, plus positions they've played 20 games last year or 5 games this year

Roster Positions

1- C
1- 1st
1- 2nd
1- 3rd
1- SS
5- OF
1- MI
1- CI
1 DH (Any offensive Player can fill Utility Position)
9- P (Any combination of SP/RP)
5- Bench
3- DL

TRADES

Trade Deadline

August 24th 2008

After the season is over there is no limit to the number of trades a team can make in the off-Season or during the season until the pre-determined in season deadline.

(See the Trade Overview found in the 2008 Information area, for a more detailed overview of league trading rules)

PRIZES

Prize Breakdown

(6) Scoring Periods, each Period is One Month in Length
(10) Scoring Categories Per Period
(60) Total Scoring Categories Per Season

$10 Prize Per Category Per Period = $100 total each period in possible winnings ($600 total prizes for the season for Categories)

In the event of a Tie in a Scoring Category for that Period, Prize Money will be split between those teams who are tied

Scoring Category Prizes - $600.00 Total (60 @ $10 Per Categorie)

League Champion - $150.00 Prize
League Runnerup - $75.00 Prize
League 3rd Place - $50.00 Prize

Total Prizes for League = $875.00

100% of All Money Collected less the $129.95 for the Cost of the League on CBS will be given out in Prizes. Money will be collected and kept in PayPal account and sent to winners each month through PayPal. Total amount of Prize Money for the League $875.00

This is an explanation of how the prize breakdown works out. CBS has scoring periods where they track stats for that Period. In our case the scoring period will be (1) month in length. Now this has nothing to do with the standings in the league, its just a way for CBS to track stats for your league. It will show who is leading in EACH scoring categorie for that period not for the season. So in other words you could be in last place in (K's) for the season, but for that one scoring period you are in first in (K's), you would win the $10 for that scoring category.

Each scoring period (Month) there will be $100 in prizes, ($10 per scoring catagorie) 10 catagories total. So for example you are leading in K's, HR's, RBI's for that month, you would win $30. At the end of the season, there will be a Grand Prize of $150 for the league Champion and $75 Prize for League Runner Up and $50 Prize for 3rd Place

League Site

Cash Cats Keeper League will be played on CBS Sportsline Commissioner League. Cost of the CBS League is $129.95, which is divided by 10 teams and included in the League entrance fee

Looking for Managers who really have a passion for Fantasy Baseball and have been searching for a very active and solid Keeper Money League. If you have the time to committ to a league with Daily roster moves, then please contact me. Please don't contact me if your going on long vacations or extended business trips, where you will have periods of little or no internet access. When you contact me please tell me about yourself, (Where you are from, Age and experience)

bb2nite@yahoo.com
YIM: bb2nite

Rob
Last edited by bb2nite on Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 12 times in total.
bb2nite
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CBS Money League 100% Payout w/Great Prize structure

Postby bb2nite » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:51 pm

Prospect total: 5 Players (including Offensive Players and Pitchers)
Prospect limits: Offensive players - 150 ab's / Pitchers - 50 innings pitched

Initial Prospect Draft

Player eligibility
Any offensive player with less than 150 or less ab's or any Pitcher with less than 50 innings pitched are available to be drafted

Prospect Rules Post draft

1) Any player who reaches the prospect eligibility limits must be either called up to your ML roster or dropped to waivers.
2) Once a player is called up regardless of that players eligibilty status, that player "can not" be returned to prospect roster
3) If a Manager calls up a Prospect to his ML roster, that team "can not" replace that player on his Prospect Roster
4) there are no limits to add/drops for Prospects on your Prospect rosters during the season
5) Prospects can not be dropped and replaced during the offseason for any reason
6) ML draft choices and or ML players may also be traded for Prospect draft choices or players
7) Prospect draft will take place after the ML draft using a slow online draft

Prospect Re-draft

1) After each season, prior to the following years redraft, each manager can choose to drop any number of his Prospects back into the Prospect draft pool and gain draft choices based on his teams Prospect roster openings
2) Prospect draft choices can be included in trades for other Prospect draft choices or ML draft choices as long as each team stays within the roster limits
3) ML draft choices and or ML players may also be traded for Prospect draft choices or players
4) Prospect re-draft will take place after the ML re-draft using a slow online draft
Last edited by bb2nite on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
bb2nite
College Coach
College Coach

Postby maryac8500 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:01 pm

I'm interested - brittany85@comcast.net
maryac8500
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby bb2nite » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:50 pm

If you have ever considered joining a money league, please consider this league. I just ask you take a look at the layout of the league and I believe you will see how this can be a fun and exciting league to join. I promise I will be as committed a Commissioner as you have ever been in a league with. I am very active and only play fantasy baseball. If you have any questions about me or the league, please feel free to contact me.

If you have any questions or you just want to talk about the league, I will be on YIM and AIM tonight

AIM: sandlotbully
YIM: bb2nite

I look forward to hearing from you soon and hopefully playing against you in the league this season

Rob
bb2nite
College Coach
College Coach

Postby asw37 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:58 pm

interested, how many current owners, shoot me an email to asw37@mac.com or aim:aweitz13
asw37
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mmgoldman21 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:43 pm

Very interesting idea for the payout structure.

I am thinking about joining....but would be more inclined to join if there were more teams. Also, have you considered lowering the per category winning to something like $5 instead of $10. This would allowe for more money for the true season long champion. Right now the season winner only wins $150 when they pay $100 for the league. So if the true winner has a balanced team and doesn't win many categories per month, they might only win $50.

Please check out the post I made about the league I'm running. I am curious to know what you think about it. I am doing something similair with the payout structure with weekly winners and year long winners, although not by category.
mmgoldman21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bb2nite » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:26 pm

mmgoldman21 wrote:Very interesting idea for the payout structure.

I am thinking about joining....but would be more inclined to join if there were more teams. Also, have you considered lowering the per category winning to something like $5 instead of $10. This would allowe for more money for the true season long champion. Right now the season winner only wins $150 when they pay $100 for the league. So if the true winner has a balanced team and doesn't win many categories per month, they might only win $50.

Please check out the post I made about the league I'm running. I am curious to know what you think about it. I am doing something similair with the payout structure with weekly winners and year long winners, although not by category.

I actually had it setup for 12 teams, but to be honest I'm not sure I could get 11 managers to join. I had it set at 6 x 6 scoring cats. I hear what your saying about the prizes, but my view is fantasy leagues are more about the competition and daily activity and the prizes are a bonus. I don't play to make money in my leagues, but being able to possibly win back my league cost is a nice bonus. I gave all this a whole lot of thought and I like the payout structure both monthly and overall payout.

I would like to have you in the league but I really don't want to change the Prize payouts and unless I get an overwelming response to the league, I think it is going to have to stay at 10.

If you want to talk on YIM or AIM, I should be on a little later tonight. Drop me a PM or e-mail if you want to join the league or talk more.
bb2nite
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mmgoldman21 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:17 pm

bb2nite wrote:
I hear what your saying about the prizes, but my view is fantasy leagues are more about the competition and daily activity and the prizes are a bonus. I don't play to make money in my leagues, but being able to possibly win back my league cost is a nice bonus.

I agree with that completely. I always like when winnings are spread out to all the good teams, not just the top 1 or 2 so that many people do not lose money.

I don't want to play in the league since I'm already in enough and manage 2 leagues, but I do really the idea you have for the payout structure. I'm trying a weekly winner in a roto league this year for he first time.
mmgoldman21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Jordo300 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:23 am

Definetly contact me at jalisdabom@aol.com I'm a very experienced fantasy player that is very active.
Jordo300
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Come on Managers, let's fill this league and get started

Postby bb2nite » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:27 pm

Jordo300 wrote:Definetly contact me at jalisdabom@aol.com I'm a very experienced fantasy player that is very active.

Thanks for your interest, e-mail has been sent. I hope to see you on the Proboards league soon

Rob
bb2nite
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Classifieds