This past week we had a lot of threads about this and if you don't have Pierre or Crawford or Pods (but he may fall of the planet) then you need a mix of Renteria, Beltran, and Abreu in order to compete in SB category. If you have all power then you are screwd b/c you have to finish in the top 3 of every category to have shot st 1st. If you have all power then you are stuck trying to get it off waivers.
In Crawford's defense
1. He is only 22 years old so he WILL get better.
2. He has more pop then Pierre so he can probably hit 10 HR's this season and possibly a few more as he gets older.
3. He hit 297 aftter the All star break last season. He stold 33 bags after the break last year also.
4. There is no reason why he won't keep running and will snag more then 55 bags which was his total lasts eason.
5. I read somehwere he is in even better shape then ever and is even faster this season.
So while Juane Pierre will go before Crawford and I have seen Pierre go in the third round
..... Crawford has potential to be much better then Pierre with as many if not more steals.
The fact that he plays for the DRays shouldn't really matter. He has Huff and Baldelli hitting behind him. And I believe Huff is going to hit 40 HR's this season which means more runs for Crawford.
I can easily see Carl going for
So are you sure you wouldn't Carl on your team. This little guy can single handly get you a top finish in the SB category.