New free Yahoo Roto Keeper League forming - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

New free Yahoo Roto Keeper League forming

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New free Yahoo Roto Keeper League forming

Postby drifter909 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:17 am

I will be starting a new 12-team 6x6 league on yahoo if I can get enough interest in the league.

KEEPERS
Each team may keep 12 players on their yahoo roster as well as 2 "farm" players who must qualify as rookies for the next season (under 130ABs or 50IP). Players on the farm system of another team may not be picked up during the season by any other team. There will be a list of "untouchables" for everyone to see, and if you pick up an illegal player I will remove them from your team. Multiple offenses will be penalized.

DRAFT
The first year will be a snake draft (1-10 then 10-1) chosen randomly while the following drafts will be an ordered draft (1-10 then 1-10), so teams with worse keepers have a better chance to improve in the following years having better picks each round (worst record picks first each round). Draft date tentatively scheduled for Sunday, March 9th at 12:00PM EST at the league website/forum TBA.

TRADES
Draft picks can be traded as long as the number of picks are the same on each side, so total roster size stays the same. If an owner thinks a trade is unfair or colluded, then it will be put to a vote by all the owners and may be vetoed. If you wish to do a 2-for-one deal during the off season the team gaining two players will forfeit their last round draft pick (so roster sizes remain the same)

CATEGORIES (6x6)
HITTING
Runs
HRs
RBIs
SBs
OBP
SLG

PITCHING
Wins
ERA
WHIP
SVs
Ks
CG

POSITIONS (24 + 2 farm)
1-C
1-1B
1-2B
1-3B
1-SS
3-OF
2-UTIL
5-SP
2-RP
2-P (any pitcher)
5-Bench (any player)
2-DL

Maximum: 162 Games played per position
Minimum: 800IP
Maximum: 1400IP

NOTE: This is my first keeper league as a commissioner, so if rule changes need to be made please notify me and I'll put it to a vote by the owners. Also, other leagues I've been in have collapsed when some owners lose interest, so you WILL BE BOOTED AND REPLACED IF YOU ARE INACTIVE. If you've never done fantasy baseball before please don't join this, join a 1-year league and find out if you enjoy it enough before making a multi-year commitment.

email: mark.c.harley@gmail.com if you are interested and also include your yahoo ID.
drifter909
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds