100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Cafeholics Mock Draft 2008

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Re: Cafeholics Mock Draft 2008

Postby bigken117 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:06 pm

abrage22 wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:
abrage22 wrote:I think overall there were some guys who made some dumb picks that shouldn't of been in the draft if thats how they usually draft. I wouldn't want to look at that as an example while drafting, I get the feeling some of these guys made picks to make then seem more "expert" just because there making picks that no one else would to make people think they know something no one else does, if that makes sense. ;-)

Are you going to remain vague or give us some examples to explore?

and i have no idea what u just said

I'm only a month and a half behind here but...I think what you're trying to say (or insult, if you will) is that there were reaches made to make some look more "expert" by taking players where they, in your opinion, had no business being drafted?

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:57 pm

abrage22 wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:
abrage22 wrote:I think overall there were some guys who made some dumb picks that shouldn't of been in the draft if thats how they usually draft. I wouldn't want to look at that as an example while drafting, I get the feeling some of these guys made picks to make then seem more "expert" just because there making picks that no one else would to make people think they know something no one else does, if that makes sense. ;-)

Are you going to remain vague or give us some examples to explore?

and i have no idea what u just said

Uh... OK, I guess I better use small words and sentences then. First of all, I'm not offended by this comment and I don't think anyone else should be either- I think it was a pretty solid draft. I'd still take that team into battle today. This draft was conducted in early January- before any of us had really had an opportunity to do our rankings or get prepared for the season, and before there was a lot of baseball information available to scrutinize. A lot of things have changed in the past 2.5 months- for instance, I drafted Tony Pena in the 15th round of that draft. Today, I'd probably draft Brandon Lyon there instead and look for Pena in the last rounds. Also, a lot of new information about players has come out since January, and a lot of hype has started to take hold. For instance, I snatched Soto as my catcher in the last round of this draft. Today he'd probably be one of the first 6-7 catchers off the board.

So in summary- don't come in here and call people dumb when you yourself can't read and write simple sentences. Or better yet, please offer us a link to a recent cafe draft you've taken part in.

;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby abrage22 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:11 pm

Uh... OK, I guess I better use small words and sentences then. First of all, I'm not offended by this comment and I don't think anyone else should be either- I think it was a pretty solid draft. I'd still take that team into battle today. This draft was conducted in early January- before any of us had really had an opportunity to do our rankings or get prepared for the season, and before there was a lot of baseball information available to scrutinize. A lot of things have changed in the past 2.5 months- for instance, I drafted Tony Pena in the 15th round of that draft. Today, I'd probably draft Brandon Lyon there instead and look for Pena in the last rounds. Also, a lot of new information about players has come out since January, and a lot of hype has started to take hold. For instance, I snatched Soto as my catcher in the last round of this draft. Today he'd probably be one of the first 6-7 catchers off the board.

So in summary- don't come in here and call people dumb when you yourself can't read and write simple sentences. Or better yet, please offer us a link to a recent cafe draft you've taken part in.

;-D

Well sorry for w/e i did. i didn't call anyone dumb, and im not reading what u just wrote over something stupid that ur complaining about.
Sorry for nothing, go ahead and lower my friendliness level even more that u have but dude seriously its ok. :-[ X-I
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:57 pm

Hey adbrage, I kind of popped off on you earlier and I'm sorry about that. Your remarks rubbed me the wrong way and I fired off a response before stopping to think about whether or not I should. Maybe we both could stand to think a little more before we post. Sorry bro. ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby abrage22 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:14 pm

Simulacrum wrote:Hey adbrage, I kind of popped off on you earlier and I'm sorry about that. Your remarks rubbed me the wrong way and I fired off a response before stopping to think about whether or not I should. Maybe we both could stand to think a little more before we post. Sorry bro. ;-D

Cool thanks, but yeah i still maybe shouldn't of said anything in the first place, so same herre man ;-D
it got pretty intense there :-D :-D
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Article Discussions