100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Cafeholics Mock Draft 2008

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Re: Cafeholics Mock Draft 2008

Postby KCollins1304 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:17 pm

Fenway Punk wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:
Fenway Punk wrote:LL doesn't know what he is doing. Peavy is awesome but not #13 overall in a 12-team league awesome. Sheesh. And how does Cuddyer go undrafted and Bonds doesn't? Man I wish I was in y'alls league. }:-)

Your username tells me everything I need to know about your post.

Oh get over yourself, and explain to me why pitcher-pitcher on the wrap around is good stategy in the first two rounds, when you can find pitching all year? And then explain to me Peavy at number 13 overall, when you have Johan and could grab a legit bat. LL cut his legs out from under himself doing this, waiting that long for a bat. Go ahead and tell yourself that your gonna sacrfice power for speed and then assume your going to win every pitching category all year. See where that gets you.

I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with a pick, it's your attitude that you're smarter than anyone else in the mock and that you would beat them all.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fenway Punk » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:20 am

I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with a pick, it's your attitude that you're smarter than anyone else in the mock and that you would beat them all.[/quote]

Dude, seriously... in this draft Jimmy Rollins went 10th overall? AJ Burnett was selected 20 something picks ahead of Fausto Carmona?
%-6
Fenway Punk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigken117 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:28 am

:-° Red Sox fans get a bad enough rap around here, don't perpetuate the stereotype.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:09 am

Fenway Punk wrote:Dude, seriously... in this draft Jimmy Rollins went 10th overall? AJ Burnett was selected 20 something picks ahead of Fausto Carmona?
%-6

I don't know about anyone else but I have serious doubts that Rollins can come close to his 2007 season. Playing 162 games is hard enough. Add to that he had career highs in R, RBI, HR and BA. His SLG% was 90 points over his career average. Could be he just took the next step as a hitter but I'm not buying it.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby chris8 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:52 pm

Fenway Punk wrote:I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with a pick, it's your attitude that you're smarter than anyone else in the mock and that you would beat them all.

Dude, seriously... in this draft Jimmy Rollins went 10th overall? AJ Burnett was selected 20 something picks ahead of Fausto Carmona?
%-6[/quote]
Personally, I won't be taking Rollins in the first round of a 12-teamer, but plenty of people are, so from that respect, this Mock is an accurate reflection of what you are likely to encounter in your real mocks.

And I stated my personal feelings about Burnett in the review, so I'm with you there...but again, there will be people who are cautious with Carmona and prefer to go with more experienced pitchers.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby J35J » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:17 pm

I actually like Rollins this year....he's smack dab in the middle of his peak years and I can see another season close to what he did last year. Would I take him in the first round....I don't really know...but I do like him #2 at SS ahead of Reyes! I agree that Burnett ahead of Carmona is pushing it but "IF" Burnett can stay healthy most all year then he will have a better season than Carmona, IMO.

To step in for LL a little, this was a mock and this was a strategy he said he would only use for a mock so I wouldn't get my panties in too much of a bunch when making comments on this....anyway, just keep that in mind.

On the other hand....it looks like we may have a new victi..umm...contestant in the Cafeholics Challenge League next year! ;-7 ;-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Fenway Punk » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:41 pm

I do understand that it was a mock, and I do understand that "boner" picks are in there to simulate a "real" draft, but simulating an expert draft shouldn't have this element. Most "experts" I know wouldn't let Micheal Cuddyer go undrafted. That being said, mock drafts are for lesson learning, and there is plenty to learn from the Cafeholics Mock Draft 2008. Thanks guys for helping my itch during this time of intense fantasy withdrawl.
Fenway Punk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J35J » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:20 pm

Fenway Punk wrote:Most "experts" I know wouldn't let Micheal Cuddyer go undrafted.

:-?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby DRAFTAHOLIC » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:03 am

Hey! Your getting close to name infringment here. LOL

DRAFTAHOLIC
DRAFTAHOLIC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby abrage22 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:45 pm

I think overall there were some guys who made some dumb picks that shouldn't of been in the draft if thats how they usually draft. I wouldn't want to look at that as an example while drafting, I get the feeling some of these guys made picks to make then seem more "expert" just because there making picks that no one else would to make people think they know something no one else does, if that makes sense. ;-)
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Article Discussions