MiLB.com | Top 50 Prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MiLB.com | Top 50 Prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: MiLB.com | Top 50 Prospects

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:31 pm

AussieDodger wrote:He could be where he's going to play.

I think he will be too. :-D :-b :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JimmyBaseball » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:45 pm

Fellas,

I am a life long Cardinal fan. So, I've been hearing a whole lot about Rasmus for the last couple years. Obviously in St. Louis we're pretty pumped for this guy to play and we wanna see what he can do. I've seen some comparisons to Grady Sizemore (maybe b/c he bats and throws left and plays center or maybe b/c he's got that much talent).

But I want to ask some of you who aren't affiliated with St. Louis or maybe not even the NL Central as to what you have heard/expect from him? You know...I want some unbiased feed back.
"When I knocked a guy down, there was no second part to the story."

~Bob Gibson
JimmyBaseball
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DRAFTAHOLIC » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:45 pm

I like some of the other prospect rankings where Bruce remains first overall and Colby Rasmus remains second.

Draftaholic
DRAFTAHOLIC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigwords » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:05 pm

[quote="thedude"]MiLB seems to be like a year behind on a lot of their rankings, every time they make a list. [/quote]

Actually, this list was first posted on MiLB many moons ago. For some reason (maybe because BP and ESPN posted theirs yesterday), it's only been noticed now.

I will say that I find it funny that people criticize lists without (in all probability, though I could be wrong) having ever witnessed a single pitch or at bat from any of these players.

Per Votto, for example. Just because he's a tremendous prospect to be aware of for fantasy purposes, doesn't mean he's the top prospect overall. For one thing, his defense is supposedly average at best at the playing field's least important defensive position. Thus, he brings pretty much nil defense to a team's success. Plus, as a 1b, he's being compared to other 1b hitters. And many project him to be at very, very best, to be only league-average at 1b in terms of hitting contributions. If Votto played 2b and put up those stats...well, then, he'd probably be in the Top 5.
bigwords
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:30 pm

JimmyBaseball wrote:Fellas,

I am a life long Cardinal fan. So, I've been hearing a whole lot about Rasmus for the last couple years. Obviously in St. Louis we're pretty pumped for this guy to play and we wanna see what he can do. I've seen some comparisons to Grady Sizemore (maybe b/c he bats and throws left and plays center or maybe b/c he's got that much talent).

But I want to ask some of you who aren't affiliated with St. Louis or maybe not even the NL Central as to what you have heard/expect from him? You know...I want some unbiased feed back.

He's going to absolutely be a killer when he is fully developed. Something clicked for him in 2007 with 70 (all unintentional) walks and his extra base and homer power kicked in.
I hope they give him some AAA at-bats in '08 because he's still very young.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Philly_05 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:10 am

So no Heyward if I didn't miss him. Most of the rankings I have looked at have him either above Vitters or just under him. Who do you guys like Vitters or Heyward and how soon?
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 632)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers