new sig: added 2/27 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

new sig: added 2/27

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Re: new sig: added 2/25

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:35 pm

thats my next goal, though it seems that this is a pretty slow time for requests
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:55 am

it should start speeding up now with people drafting and getting excited about their new players.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RyanK » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:39 am

Snakes Gould wrote:it should start speeding up now with people drafting and getting excited about their new players.

yeah, it gets busy... as of now i plan to help out making sigs, been a little over or two since i really focused on sigs
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:55 am

request i just filled
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: new sig: added 2/27

Postby smoovethug » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:23 am

Sick. The text is better, although I could be biased since I seem to love handwritten fonts. It could be moved up a bit though so the loops don't get cut off. What font is that if you don't mind sharing trade secrets. O:-)

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:32 am

thanks, i tried moving the font up but it looked kinda weird any higher in the sig...the font is called scriptina, got it here http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=2873
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:59 am

heres a tip when a situation like this arises.... raise the text up a little bit and if it looks too high, add a very small line underneath like

1B Boston Red Sox

Number 98

55 HR 130 RBI

The Dominican Dominator

nicknames, statlines, teams, positions, numbers, etc all work out very nice. it gives some depth to the text and just makes the text look better most of the time.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:32 am

good idea snakes, i'll use that for sure in the future
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby smoovethug » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:28 am

Yeah I rely heavily on subtext. Kinda makes the text seem as if it's not just floating out there. Some other techniques:

- Duplicate the text, click the little F at the bottom of the layers palette, and click stroke. Change the size to 1 px and the color to whatever you want. Now change the fill to 0%. This should leave you with just an outline. Play around with this, move it around to where you think looks good. I think it works best to put this layer behind the main text but you can leave it on top. Example:

- Duplicate the text, change the color (optional). I like to make the two colors the teams colors. Put this layer under the main text layer and lower the opacity and/or fill until it looks good. Move it around until you've got it where you want it. Example:

You can also use lines like so ^ to make the text seem like it's not floating. Just play around with it. Text will always be hard but you get better with time and experience.
Last edited by smoovethug on Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:44 am

all very good suggestions smoove ;-D
Last edited by Snakes Gould on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off